Genre, Gender, Race, and World Cinema
is an innovative anthology that introduces the study of film theory using the four topics of genre, gender, race, and world cinema, to encourage critical discussion.
- A major anthology geared towards course use, which covers key concepts in film studies through analysis of important films from American, Asian, European and African cinema
- Combines formal, historical, cultural, and theoretical approaches to study
- Analyzes how film represents and influences individual and societal constructs of identity
- Uses selected readings to introduce inter-textual relations between the readings and the films they discuss
- Contains section introductions that map the themes and histories of each topic, and raise theoretical issues specific to each