The Elements of Journalism: What Newspeople Should Know and the Public Should Expect
The Book That Every Citizen and Journalist Should Read
“What this book does better than any single book on media history, ethics, or practice is
weave . . . [together] why media audiences have fled and why new technology and megacorporate ownership are putting good journalism at risk.” —Rasmi Simhan,Boston Globe
“Kovach and Rosenstiel’s essays on each [element] are concise gems, filled with insights worthy of becoming axiomatic. . . . The book should become essential reading for journalism professionals and students and for the citizens they aim to serve.” —Carl Sessions Stepp,American Journalism Review
“If you think journalists have no idea what you want . . . here is a book that agrees with you. Better—it has solutions. The Elements of Journalism is written for journalists, but any citizen who wonders why the news seems trivial or uninspiring should read it.” —Marta Salij,Detroit Free Press
The elements of journalism are:
* Journalism’s first obligation is to the truth.
* Its first loyalty is to citizens.
* Its essence is a discipline of verification.
* Its practitioners must maintain an independence from those they cover.
* It must serve as an independent monitor of power.
* It must provide a forum for public criticism and compromise.
* It must strive to make the significant interesting and relevant.
* It must keep the news comprehensive and proportional.
* Its practitioners must be allowed to exercise their personal conscience.
レビュー - レビューを書く
|星 5 つ|
|星 4 つ|
|星 3 つ|
|星 2 つ|
|星 1 つ|
Review: The Elements of Journalism: What Newspeople Should Know and The Public Should Expectユーザー レビュー - Samah - Goodreads
I had to read during the summer for the upcoming school year, so I automatically didn't like it because of that. It was kind of boring. But the parts that I read thoroughly were interesting レビュー全文を読む
Review: The Elements of Journalism: What Newspeople Should Know and The Public Should Expectユーザー レビュー - Ashleigh - Goodreads
Useful, but I doubt I'll revisit this again because I'm not very interested in journalism. レビュー全文を読む