The Encyclopedia of Sushi Rolls
Graph-sha, 2001 - 192 ページ
THE ENCYCLOPEDIA OF SUSHI ROLLS
Dazzle your friends with over 180 kinds of sushi rolls. The fully illustrated step-by-step instructions in this book will show you how to make everyone's favorite sushi-bar staples, new styles of sushi with Western ingredients, and dazzling decorative creations.
- 27 large rolls (futomaki)
- 26 small rolls (hosomaki)
- 3 floral shapes made from multiple rolls
- 28 hand rolls (temaki)
- 12 inside-out rolls (uramaki, including the popular California Roll)
- 85 decorative rolls (kazarimaki, including flowers, animals, landscapes, and all 26 letters of the alphabet)
This book is written for beginners and old hands alike. Beginners will enjoy the detailed instructions on finding the proper equipment, cooking the rice, choosing the nori, and rolling perfectly every time. Sushi experts can expand their repertoires with the inventive decorative rolls and the surprising flavor combinations. All readers will treasure the beautiful illustrations and the special tips on how to fix common sushi rolling problems. Whether you roll the sushi yourself or have your guests join in the fun, The Encyclopedia of Sushi Rolls is the perfect planner for your next party or picnic.