Comprised of essays by top scholars in the field, this volume offers detailed overviews of philosophical issues raised by biology.
- Brings together a team of eminent scholars to explore the philosophical issues raised by biology
- Addresses traditional and emerging topics, spanning molecular biology and genetics, evolution, developmental biology, immunology, ecology, mind and behaviour, neuroscience, and experimentation
- Begins with a thorough introduction to the field
- Goes beyond previous treatments that focused only on evolution to give equal attention to other areas, such as molecular and developmental biology
- Represents both an authoritative guide to philosophy of biology, and an accessible reference work for anyone seeking to learn about this rapidly-changing field