For more than a decade Letting Go has provided hundreds of thousands of parents with valuable insights, information, comfort, and guidance throughout the emotional and social changes of their children's college years—from the senior year in high school through college graduation. Based on real-life experience and recommended by colleges and universities around the country, this indispensable book has been updated and revised, offering even more compassionate, practical, and up-to-the-minute information.
- When should parents encourage independence?
- When should they intervene?
- What issues of identity and intimacy await students?
- What are normal feelings of disorientation and loneliness for students—and for parents?
- What is different about today's college environment?
- What new concerns about safety, health and wellness, and stress will affect incoming classes?