« 前へ次へ »
inheritance with his brethren: the LORD I 3. And his miracles, and his acts which is his inheritance, according as the LORD he did in the midst of Egypt, unto Pharaoh thy God promised him.
|| the king of Egypt, and unto all his land: 10. And I stayed in the mount, according || 4. And what he did unto the army of to the first time, forty days and forty nights;| Egypt, unto their horses, and to their chaand the LORD hearkened unto me at that | riots; how he made the water of the Red time also, and the LORD would not destroy | Sea to overflow them as they pursued after thee.
ll you, and how the LORD hath destroyed 11. And the LORD said unto me, Arise, I them unto this day; take thy journey before the people, that they || 5. And, what he did unto you in the may go in and possess the land, which I wilderness, until ye came into this place. sware unto their fathers to give unto them. || 6. And what he did unto Dathan and
12. And now, Israel, what doth the LORD | Abiram, the sons of Eliab, the son of Reuthy God require of thee, but to fear the ben: how the earth opened her mouth, and LORD thy God, to walk in all his ways, and swallowed them up, and their households, to love him, and to serve the LORD thy God and their tents, and all the substance that was with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, l in their possession, in the midst of all Israel :
13. To keep the commandments of the 7. But your eyes have seen all the great LORD, and his statutes, which I command | acts of the LORD which he did. thee this day for thy good ?
8. Therefore shall ye keep all the com! 14. Behold, the heaven and the heaven | mandments which I command you this of heavens is the LORD's thy God, the earth || day, that ye may be strong, and go in and also, with all that therein is.
| possess the land whither ye go to possess it; 15. Only the Lord had a delight in thy 9. And that ye may prolong your days in fathers to love them, and he chose their the land, which the LORD sware unto your seed after them, even you above all people, | fathers to give unto them and to their seed, as it is this day.
a land that floweth with milk and honey. 16. Circumcise therefore the foreskin of 10. For the land, whither thou goest in your heart, and be no more stiff-necked. I to possess it, is not as the land of Egypt,
17. For the LORD your God is God of | from whence ye came out, where thou gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a sowedst thy seed, and wateredst it with mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not thy foot, as a garden of herbs : persons, nor taketh reward:
11. But the land, whither ye go to possess 18. He doth execute the judgment of it, is a land of hills and valleys, and drinketh the fatherless and widow, and loveth the water of the rain of heaven; stranger, in giving him food and raiment. 12. A land which the LORD thy God
19. Love ye, therefore, the stranger: for careth for: the eyes of the LORD thy God ye were strangers in the land of Egypt. are always upon it, from the beginning of
20. Thou shalt fear the LORD thy God; the year even unto the end of the year. him shalt thou serve, and to him shalt thou | 13. And it shall come to pass, if you shall cleave, and swear by his name.
hearken diligently unto my commandments 21. He is thy praise, and he is thy God, which I command you this day, to love the that hath done for thee these great and ter- LORD your God, and to serve him with all rible things, which thine eyes have seen. your heart, and with all your soul,
22. Thy fathers went down into Egypt || 14. That I will give you the rain of your with threescore and ten persons; and now | land in his due season, the first rain and the Lord thy God hath made thee as the |the latter rain, that thou mayest gather in stars of heaven for multitude.
thy corn, and thy wine, and thine oil. CHAP. XI.
15. And I will send grass in thy fields for · 18 A carefiel study is required in God's words. 26 The ll thy cattle, that thou mayest eat and be full. blessing and curse is set before them.
16. Take heed to yourselves, that your 1. THEREFORE thou shalt love the heart be not deceived, and ye turn aside,
1 LORD thy God, and keep his charge, || and serve other gods, and worship them; and his statutes, and his judgments, and his 17. And then the LORD's wrath be kindled commandments, alway.
| against you, and he shut up the heaven, that 2. And know you this day: for I speak not there be no rain, and that the land yield not with your children which have not known, her fruit; and lest ye perish quickly from off and which have not seen the chastisement the good land which the LORD giveth you.. of the LORD your God, his greatness, his 18. Therefore shall ye lay up these my mighty hand, and his stretched-out arm, Il words in your heart and in your soul, and
bind them for a sign upon your hand, II
CHAP. XII. that they may be as frontlets between 2 Monuments of idolatry are to be destroyed. 16, 23 Blood your eyes.
is forbidden. 19. And ye shall teach them your chil-1. THESE are the statutes and judg. 21 dren, speaking of them when thou sittest in 1 ments which ye shall observe to do -12 thine house, and when thou walkest by the in the land which the LORD God of thy way, when thou liest down, and when thou | fathers giveth thee to possess it, all the days 3* risest up.
that ye live upon the earth. 20. And thou shalt write them upon 2. Ye shall utterly destroy all the places the the door-posts of thine house, and upon thy wherein the nations which ye shall possess • mily gates;
served their gods, upon the high mountains, 21. That your days may be multiplied, and and upon the hills, and underevery green tree; the the days of your children, in the land which 3. And you shall overthrow their altars, it as the LORD sware unto your fathers to give and break their pillars, and burn their them, as the days of heaven upon the earth. I groves with fire; and you shall hew down
22. For if ye shall diligently keep all these the graven images of their gods, and destroy commandments which I command you, to the names of them out of that place. do them, to love the LORD your God, to walk || 4. Ye shall not do so unto the LORD in all his ways, and to cleave unto him; ll your God.
23. Then will the LORD drive out all 5. But unto the place which the LORD serie these nations from before you, and ye shall your God shall choose out of all your tribes to possess greater nations and mightier than put his name there, even unto his habitation yourselves.
shall ye seek, and thither thou shalt come; 24. Every place whereon the soles of 6. And thither ye shall bring your burntyour feet shall tread shall be yours: from offerings, and your sacrifices, and your tithes, the wilderness and Lebanon, from the river, and heave-offerings of your hand, and your the river Euphrates, even unto the uttermost vows, and your free-will offerings, and the sea, shall your coast be.
firstlings of your herds and of your flocks: 25. There shall no man be able to stand 7. And there ye shall eat before the before you: for the LORD your God shall LORD your God, and ye shall rejoice in lay the fear of you and the dread of you all that ye put your hand unto, you and upon all the land that ye shall tread upon, your households, wherein the LORD thy as he hath said unto you.
God hath blessed thee. 26. Behold, I set before you this day a 8. Ye shall not do after all the things blessing and a curse:
that we do here this day, every man what-, 27. A blessing, if ye obey the command soever is right in his own eyes. ments of the LORD your God, which I com- 9. For ye are not as yet come to the rest mand you this day;
and to the inheritance, which the LORD your 28. And a curse, if ye will not obey the God giveth you. commandments of the LORD your God, but 10. But when ye go over Jordan, and turn aside out of the way which I command dwell in the land which the LORD your you this day, to go after other gods, which God giveth you to inherit, and when he ye have not known.
giveth you rest from all your enemies round 29. And it shall come to pass, when the | about, so that ye dwell in safety; LORD thy God hath brought thee in unto! 11. Then there shall be a place which the land whither thou goest to possess it, the LORD your God shall choose, to cause that thou shalt put the blessing upon mount his name to dwell there; thither shall ye Gerizim, and the curse upon mount Ebal. bring all that I command you; your burnt
30. Are they not on the other side Jordan, offerings, and your sacrifices, your tithes, and by the way where the sun goeth down, in the heave-offering of your hand, and all your the land of the Canaanites, which dwell in | choice vows which ye vow unto the LORD: the champaign over against Gilgal, beside 12. And ye shall rejoice before the LORD the plains of Moreh?
your God, ye, and your sons, and your 31. For ye shall pass over Jordan, to go | daughters, and your men-servants, and your in to possess the land which the LORD your maid-servants, and the Levite that is within God giveth you, and ye shall possess it, and your gates; forasmuch as he hath no part dwell therein.
nor inheritance with you. 32. And ye shall observe to do all the 13. Take heed to thyself that thou offer statutes and judgments which I set before not thy burnt-offerings in every place that you this day.
I thou seest:
14. But in the place which the LORD | of the LORD thy God, and thou shalt eat shall choose in one of thy tribes, there thou | the flesh. shalt offer thy burnt-offerings, and, there | 28. Observe and hear all these words thou shalt do all that I command thee. which I command thee, that it may go well
15. Notwithstanding thou mayest kill and Il with thee, and with thy children after thee for eat flesh in all thy gates, whatsoever thy || ever, when thou doest that which is good soul lusteth after, according to the blessing and right in the sight of the Lord thy God. of the LORD thy God which he hath given 29. When the LORD thy God shall cut thee: the unclean and the clean may eat off the nations from before thee, whither thereof, as of the roebuck, and as of the hart. thou goest to possess them, and thou suc
16. Only ye shall not eat the blood; ye | ceedest them, and dwellest in their land; shall pour it upon the earth as water. I 30. Take heed to thyself, that thou be
17. Thou mayest not eat within thy gates not snared by following them, after that the tithe of thy corn, or of thy wine, or of they be destroyed from before thee; and thy oil, or the firstlings of thy herds or of that thou inquire not after their gods, saythy flock, nor any of thy vows which thou ing, How did these nations serve their gods? vowest, nor thy free-will-offerings, or heave- | even so will I do likewise. offering of thine hand :
| 31. Thou shalt not do so unto the LORD 18. But thou must eat them before the thy God: for every abomination to the LORD thy God, in the place which the LORD LORD, which he hateth, have they done thy God shall choose, thou, and thy son, and unto their gods; for even their sons and their thy daughter, and thy man-servant, and thy daughters they have burnt in the fire to their maid-servant, and the Levite that is within gods. thy gates: and thou shalt rejoice before the 32. What thing soever I command you, LORD thy God in all that thou puttest thine | observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, hands unto.
nor diminish from it. 19. Take heed to thyself that thou for
CHAP. XIII. sake not the Levite as long as thou livest || 1 Enticers to idolatry are to be stoned to death. 15 Idolupon the earth. .
atrous cities are not to be spared. 20. When the LORD thy God shall en- || 1. TF there arise among you a prophet, or large thy border, as he hath promised thee, l 1 a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee and thou shalt say, I will eat flesh, (because | a sign or a wonder, thy soul longeth to eat flesh,) thou mayest || 2. And the sign or the wonder come to eat flesh, whatsoever thy soul lusteth after. ll pass whereof he spake unto thee, saying,
21. If the place which the LORD thy God Let us go after other gods, which thou hast hath chosen to put his name there be too far | not known, and let us serve them; from thee, then thou shalt kill of thy herd | 3. Thou shalt not hearken unto the words and of thy flock, which the LORD hath given' of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: thee, as I have commanded thee, and thou, for the LORD your God proveth you, to know shalt eat in thy gates whatsoever thy soul whether you love the LORD your God with lusteth after.
all your heart and with all your soul. 22. Even as the roebuck and the hart is 4. Ye shall walk after the LORD your eaten, so thou shalt eat them; the unclean God, and fear him, and keep his commandand the clean shall eat of them alike. ments, and obey his voice, and you shall
23. Only be sure that thou eat not the serve him, and cleave unto him. blood : for the blood is the life; and thou . 5. And that prophet, or that dreamer of mayest not eat the life with the flesh. I dreams, shall be put to death; because he
24. Thou shalt not eat it; thou shalt pour hath spoken to turn you away from the it upon the earth as water.
LORD your God, which brought you out of 25. Thou shalt not eat it; that it may go the land of Egypt, and redeemed you out well with thee, and with thy children after of the house of bondage, to thrust thee out thee, when thou shalt do that which is right of the way which the LORD thy God comin the sight of the LORD.
manded thee to walk in: So shalt thou put 26. Only thy holy things which thou hast, the evil away from the midst of thee. and thy vows, thou shalt take, and go unto 6. If thy brother, the son of thy mother, the place which the LORD shall choose: or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of
27. And thou shalt offer thy burnt-offer- | thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine ings, the flesh and the blood, upon the altar own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let of the LORD thy God: and the blood of thy us go and serve other gods, which thou hast sacrifices shall be poured out upon the altar || not known, thou, nor thy fathers;
the one the Lord why it go and cand every beans and arte".
as thishall doʻno Israel Shelf
7. Namely, of the gods of the people || make any baldness between your eyes for which are round about you, nigh unto the dead : thee, or far off from thee, from the one 2. For thou art a holy people unto the end of the earth even unto the other end LORD thy God, and the Lord hath chosen of the earth;
thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, 8. Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor above all the nations that are upon the earth. hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye 3. Thou shalt not eat any abominable pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither thing. shalt thou conceal him;
4. These are the beasts which ye shall 9. But thou shalt surely kill him; thine eat; the ox, the sheep, and the goat, hand shall be first upon him to put him to 5. The hart, and the roebuck, and the death, and afterwards the hand of all the fallow-deer, and the wild goat, and the people.
pygarg, and the wild ox, and the chamois. 10. And thou shalt stone him with stones, 6. And every beast that parteth the hoof, that he die; because he hath sought to and cleaveth the cleft into two claws, and thrust thee away from the LORD thy God, cheweth the cud among the beasts, that which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, ye shall eat. from the house of bondage.
7. Nevertheless these ye shall not eat of 11. And all Israel shall hear, and sear, them that chew the cud, or of them that and shall do no more any such wickedness divide the cloven hoof; as the camel, and as this is among you.
the hare, and the coney: for they chew the 12. If thou shalt hear say in one of thy cud, but divide not the hoof: therefore they cities, which the LORD thy God hath given are unclean unto you. thee to dwell there, saying, .
| 8. And the swine, because it divideth the 13. Certain men, the children of Belial, hoof, yet cheweth not the cud, it is unclean are gone out from among you, and have unto you : ye shall not eat of their flesh, withdrawn the inhabitants of their city, say nor touch their dead carcass. ing, Let us go and serve other gods, which 9. These ye shall eat of all that are in ye have not known;
| the waters : all that have fins and scales 14. Then shalt thou inquire, and make shall ye eat: search, and ask diligently; and, behold, if 10. And whatsoever hath not fins and it be truth, and the thing certain, that such | scales ye may not eat; it is unclean unto you. abomination is wrought among you ; | 11. Of all clean birds ye shall eat.
15. Thou shalt surely smite the inhabit 12. But these are they of which ye shall ants of that city with the edge of the sword,|| not eat: the eagle, and the ossifrage, and destroying it utterly, and all that is therein, the ospray, and the cattle thereof, with the edge of the 13. And the glede, and the kite, and the sword.
vulture after his kind, 16. And thou shalt gather all the spoil 14. And every raven after his kind, of it into the midst of the street thereof, and 15. And the owl, and the night-hawk, and shalt burn with fire the city, and all the the cuckoo, and the hawk after his kind, spoil thereof every wbit, for the LORD thy 16. The little owl, and the great owl, God: and it shall be a heap for ever; it and the swan, shall not be built again.
17. And the pelican, and the gier-eagle, 17. And there shall cleave naught of the and the cormorant, cursed thing to thine hand; that the LORD 18. And the stork, and the heron after may turn from the fierceness of his anger, || her kind, and the lapwing, and the bat. and show thee mercy, and have compassion 19. And every creeping thing that fieth is upon thee, and multiply thee, as he hath unclean unto you: they shall not be eaten. sworn unto thy fathers;
20. But of all clean fowls ye may eat. 18. When thou shalt hearken to the 21. Ye shall not eat of any thing that voice of the LORD thy God, to keep all his dieth of itself: thou shalt give it unto the commandments which I command thee this | stranger that is in thy gates, that he may day, to do that which is right in the eyes of eat it; or thou mayest sell it unto an alien: the LORD thy God.
for thou art a holy people unto the LORD CHAP. XIV.
thy God. Thou shalt not seethe a kid in 3 What may and what may not be eaten, 4 of beasts, 9 of|
his mother's milk. fishes, il of fowls.
22. I Thou shalt truly tithe all the in1. VE are the children of the LORD your crease of thy seed, that the field bringeth
1 God: ye shall not cut yourselves, nor || forth year by year. .
23. And thou shalt eat before the LORD || unto many nations, but thou shalt not bor-
thee, thou shalt not harden thy heart, nor
25. Then shalt thou turn it into money, thy wicked heart, saying, The seventh year, and bind up the money in thine hand, and the year of release, is at hand; and thine shalt go unto the place which the Lord thy eye be evil against thy poor brother, and God shall choose:
thou givest him naught; and he cry unto the 26. And thou shalt bestow that money for | Lord against thee, and it be sin unto thee. whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, | 10. Thou shalt surely give him, and or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, thine heart shall not be grieved when thou or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and givest unto him: because that for this thing thou shalt eat there before the Lord thy the LORD thy God shall bless thee in all God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine thy works, and in all that thou puttest thine household,
hand unto. 27. And the Levite that is within thy | 11. For the poor shall never cease out of gates; thou shalt not forsake him ; for he hath the land: therefore I command thee, saying, no part nor inheritance with thee.
Thou shalt open thine hand wide unto thy 28. At the end of three years thou shalt brother, to thy poor, and to thy needy, in bring forth all the tithe of thine increase the the land. same year, and shalt lay it up within thy il 12. And if thy brother, a Hebrew man, gates:
or a Hebrew woman, be sold unto thee, 29. And the Levite, (because he hath and serve thee six years, then in the sevno part nor inheritance with thee,) and the enth year thou shalt let him go free from stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, || thee. . which are within thy gates, shall come, and 13. And when thou sendest him out free shall eat and be satisfied; that the LORD from thee, thou shalt not let him go away thy God may bless thee in all the work of empty: thine hand which thou doest.
14. Thou shalt furnish him liberally out CHAP. XV.
of thy flock, and out of thy floor, and out he seventh year a year of release for the poor. 19 Au of thy wine-press: of that wherewith the ferstling males of cattle to be sacrificed unto the Lord. LORD thy God hath blessed thee thou shalt T. AT the end of every seven years thou give unto him. A shalt make a release.
15. And thou shalt remember that thou 2. And this is the manner of the release: wast a bondman in the land of Egypt, and Every creditor that lendeth aught unto his the LORD thy God redeemed thee: thereneighbour shall release it; he shall not fore I command thee this thing to-day. exact i: of his neighbour, or of his brother; L 16. And it shall be, if he say unto thee, because it is called the Lord's release. I will not go away from thee, (because he
3. Of a foreigner thou mayest exact it || loveth thee and thine house, because he is again: but that which is thine with thy || well with thee,) brother, thine hand shall release;
17. Then thou shalt take an awl, and 4. Save when there shall be no poor thrust it through his ear unto the door, and among you; for the LORD shall greatly bless he shall be thy servant for ever: And also unthee in the land which the LORD thy God to thy maid-servant thou shalt do likewise. giveth thee for an inheritance to possess it:1 18. It shall not seem hard unto thee, when
5. Only if thou carefully hearken unto thou sendest him away free from thee; for we Voice of the LORD thy God, to observe | he hath been worth a double hired servant to do all these commandments which I to thee, in serving thee six years; and the command thee this day.
LORD thy God shall bless thee in all that 6. For the LORD thy God blesseth thee, || thou doest. As the promised thee : and thou shalt lend | 19. All the firstling males that come of
no part nor inheritatherless, and the wecand