« 前へ次へ »
we in David ? neither have we inheritance || 31. And he made a house of high places, in the son of Jesse: to your tents, O Israel: land made priests of the lowest of the people, Now see to thine own house, David. So which were not of the sons of Levi. Israel departed unto their tents.
32. And Jeroboam ordained a feast in the 17. But as for the children of Israel which eighth month, on the fifteenth day of the dwelt in the cities of Judah, Rehoboam | month, like unto the feast that is in Judah, reigned over them.
| and he offered upon the altar, (so did he in 18. Then king Rehoboam sent Adoram, Beth-el,) sacrificing unto the calves that he who was over the tribute; and all Israel had made: and he placed in Beth-el the stoned him with stones, that he died: there- priests of the high places which he had made. fore king Rehoboam made speed to get him 33. So he offered upon the allar which he up to his chariot, to flee to Jerusalem. had made in Beth-el, the fifteenth day of the
*19. So Israel rebelled against the house eighth month, even in the month which he of David unto this day.
had devised of his own heart; and ordained 20. And it came to pass, when all Israel a feast unto the children of Israel: and he neard that Jeroboam was come again, that offered upon the altar, and burnt incense. they sent and called him unto the congre
CHAP. XIII. gation, and made him king over all Israel: || 1 Jeroboam's hand withereth ; 6 and, at the prayer of the there was none that followed the house of
prophet, is restored. David, but the tribe of Judah only.
1. AND, behold, there came a man of 21. 1 And when Rehoboam was come A God out of Judah by the word of to Jerusalem, he assembled all the house of the LORD unto Beth-el: and Jeroboam Judah, with the tribe of Benjamin, a hun-stood by the altar to burn incense. dred and fourscore thousand chosen men, || 2. And he cried against the altar in the which were warriors, to fight against the word of the Lord, and said, O altar, altar ! house of Israel, to bring the kingdom again | thus saith the Lord, Behold, a child shall be to Rehoboam the son of Solomon.
born untothe house of David,Josiah by name; 22. But the word of God came unto She- and upon thee shall be offer the priests of maiah the man of God, saying,
the high places that burn incense upon thee, 23. Speak unto Rehoboam the son of and men's bones shall be burnt upon thee. Solomon, king of Judah, and unto all the 3. And he gave a sign the same day, say. house of Judah and Benjamin, and to the ing, This is the sign which the Lord haih remnant of the people, saying,
spoken; Behold, the altar shall be rent, and 24. Thus saith the LORD, Ye shall not go the ashes that are upon it shall be poured out. up norfight against your brethren the children | 4. And it came to pass, when king Jeroof Israel: return every man to his house; for boam heard the saying of the man of God, this thing is from me. They hearkened there which had cried against the altar in Beth-el, fore to the word of the Lord, and returned to that he put forth his hand from the altar, depart, according to the word of the LORD. saying, Lay hold on him. And bis hand, · 25. q Then Jeroboam built Shechem in which he put forth against him, dried up, so mount. Ephraim, and dwelt therein; and that he could not pull it in again to him. went out from thence, and built Penvel. 5. The altar also was rent, and the ashes
26. And Jeroboam said in his heart, Now poured out from the altar, according to the shall the kingdom return to the house of David: sign which the man of God had given by the
27. If this people go up to do sacrifice in word of the Lord. the house of the LORD at Jerusalem, then 6. And the king answered and said unto shall the heart of this people turn again unto the man of God, Entreat now the face of their lord, even unto Rehoboam king of Ju- the LORD thy God, and pray for me, that dah, and they shall kill me, and go again to my hand may be restored me again. And Rehoboam king of Judah.
the man of God besought the LORD, and 28. Whereupon the king took counsel, the king's hand was restored again, and beard made two calves of gold, and said unto came as it was before. them, It is too much for you to go up to 7. And the king said unto the man of Jerusalem: behold thy gods, O Israel, which God, Come home with me, and refresh thybrought thee up out of the land of Egypt. self, and I will give thee a reward.
29. And he set the one in Beth-el, and 8. And the man of God said unto the king, the other put he in Dan.
If thou wilt give me half thine house I will 30. And this thing became a sin: for the not go in with thee, neither will I eat bread people went to worship, before the one, even nor drink water in this place: unto Dan.
9. For so was it charged me by the word
of the LORD, saying, Eat no bread, nor drink | 25. And, behold, men passed by, and saw water, nor turn again by the same way that the carcase cast in the way, and the lion thou camest.
standing by the carcase: and they came and 10. So he went another way, and return || told it in the city where the old prophet dwelt. ed not by the way that he came to Beth-el. | 26. And when the prophet that brought
11. 1 Now there dwelt an old prophet in him back from the way heard thereof, he said, Beth-el; and his sons came and told hiin all It is the man of God, who was disobedient the works that the man of God had done unto the word of the LORD ; therefore the that day in Beth-el: the words which he Lord hath delivered him unto the lion, which had spoken unto the king, them they told hath torn him, and slain him, according to the also to their father.
word of the LORD, which he spake unto him. 12. And their father said unto them, What | 27. And he spake to his sons, saying, way went he? For his sons had seen what Saddle me the ass. And they saddled him. way the man of God went which came from 28. And he went, and found his carcase Judah.
cast in the way, and the ass and the lion 13. And he said unto his sons, Saddle standing by the carcase: the lion had not me the ass. So they saddled him the ass, eaten the carcase, nor torn the ass. and he rode thereon, .
29. And the prophet took up the carcase 14. And went after the man of God, and of the man of God, and laid it upon the ass, found him sitting under an oak: and he said and brought it back : and the old prophet unto him, Art thou the man of God that came to the city, to mourn and to bury him. camest from Judah ? And he said, I am. | 30. And he laid his carcase in his own
15. Then he said unto him, Come home grave; and they mourned over him, saying, with me, and eat bread.
Alas, my brother! 16. And he said, I may not return with 31. And it came to pass, after he had thee nor go in with thee; neither will I eat buried him, that he spake to bis sons, saying, bread nor drink water with thee in this place: When I am dead, then bury me in the sepul
17. For it was said to me by the word chre wherein the man of God is buried ; Jay of the LORD, Thou shalt eat no bread nor my bones beside bis bones: drink water there, nor turn again to go by the 32. For the saying which he cried by the way that thou camest.
word of the Lord against the altar in Beth18. He said unto bim, I am a prophet also el, and against all the houses of the high as thou art; and an angel spake unto me by places which are in the cities of Samaria, the word of the LORD, saying, Bring him back | shall surely come to pass. with thee into thine house, that he may eat 33. | After his thing Jeroboam returned bread and drink water. But he lied unto him. I not from his evil way, but made again of the
19. So he went back with him, and did || lowest of the people priests of the high places: eat bread in his house, and drank water. whosoever would, he consecrated him, and
20. And it came to pass, as they sat at he became one of the priests of the high places. the table, that the word of the LORD came 34. And this thing became sin unto the unto the prophet that brought him back: house of Jeroboam, even to cut it off, and
21. And he cried unto the man of God to destroy it from off the face of the earth. that came from Judah, saying, Thus saith
CHAP. XIV. the LORD, Forasmuch as thou hast dis- || Jeroboam sendeth his wife to the prophet Ahijah at Shiloh. obeyed the mouth of the LORD, and hast || 1. A T that time A bijah the son of Jeronot kept the commandment which the LORD A boam fell sick. thy God commanded thee,
2. And Jeroboam said to bis wife, Arise, 22. But camest back, and hast eaten bread | I pray thee, and disguise thyself, that thou and drunk water in the place, of which the be not known to be the wife of Jeroboanı; LORD did say to thee, Eat no bread, and and get thee to Shiloh: behold, there is Ahidrink no water; thy carcase shall not come jah the prophet, which told me that I should unto the sepulchre of thy fathers.
be king over this people. 23. And it came to pass, after he had 3. And take with thee ten loaves, and eaten bread, and after he had drunk, that cracknels, and a cruse of honey, and go to he saddled for him the ass, to wit, for the him: he shall tell thee what shall become prophet whom he had brought back. of the child.
24. And when he was gune, a lion met 4. And Jeroboam's wise did so, and arose, him by the way, and slew him; and his car- and went to Shiloh; and came to the house case was cast in the way, and the ass stood of Ahijah. But Abijah could not see, for his by it, the lion also stood by the carcase. eyes were set by reason of his age.
5. And the LORD said unto Abijah, Be- mourned for him, according lo the word of hold, the wife of Jeroboam cometh to ask a l the Lord, which he spake by the hand of thing of thee for her son, for he is sick: thus his servant Ahijah the prophet. and thus shalt thou say unto her; for it shall 19. And the rest of the acts of Jeroboam, be, when she cometh in, that she shall feign how he warred, and how he reigned, behold, herself to be another womun.
they are written in the book of the Chronic 6. And it was so, when Ahijah heard the cles of the kings of Israel. sound of her feet, as she came in at the door, 20. And the days which Jeroboam reignthat he said, Come in, thou wife of Jeroboam; ed were two and twenty years: and he slept why feignest thou thyself to be another? for with his fathers, and Nadab his son reigned I am sent to thee with heavy tidings. in his stead.
7. Go, tell Jeroboam, Thus saith the 21. 1 And Rehoboam the son of Solomon Lord God of Israel, Forasmuch as I ex- reigned in Judah. Rehoboam was foity and alted thee from among the people, and made one years old when he began to reign, and thee prince over my people Israel,
lllre reigned seventeen years in Jerusalem, the 8. And rent the kingdom away from the city which the LORD did choose out of all the house of David, and gave it thee; and yet tribes of Israel, to put his name there. And his thou hast not been as my servant David, mother's name was Naamah,anAmmonitess. who kept my commandments, and who fol- 22. And Judah did evil in the sight of the lowed me with all his heart, to do that only Lord, and they provoked bim to jealousy which was right in mine eyes;
|| with their sins which they had committed, 9. But hast done evil above all that were | above all that their fathers had done. before thee: for thou hast gone and made thee 23. For they also built them high places, other gods, and molten images, to provoke me and images, and groves, on every high hill, to anger, and hast cast me behind thy back; and under every green tree.
10. Therefore, behold, I will bring evil 24. And there were also Sodomites in the upon the house of Jeroboam, and will cutland; and they did according to all the abooff from Jeroboam him that pisseth against minations of the nations which the Lordcast the wall, and him that is shut up, and left out before the children of Israel. in Israel, and will take away the remnant 25. And it came to pass, in the fifth year of the house of Jeroboam, as a man that of king Rehoboam, that Shishak, king of taketh away dung, till it be all gone. Egypt came up against Jerusalem:
11. Him that dieth of Jeroboam in the 26. And he took away the treasures of the city shall the dogs eat; and him that dieth house of the Lord, and the treasures of the in the field shall the fowls of the air eat: | king's house ; he even took away all: and he for the Lord hath spoken it.
| took away all the shields of gold which Solo12. Arise thou, therefore, get thee to thine mon had made. own house; and when thy feet enter into the 27. And king Rehoboam made in their city, the child shall die.
stead brazen shields, and committed them 13. And all Israel shall mourn for him, | unto the hands of the chief of the guard, and bury him: for he only of Jeroboam shall which kept the door of the king's house. come to the grave, because in him there is 28. And it was so, when the king went found some good thing toward the Lord God into the house of the Lord, that the guard of Israel in the house of Jeroboam. | bare them, and brought them back into the
14. Moreover, the Lord shall raise him up guard-chamber. a king over Israel, who shall cut off the house 29. Now the rest of the acts of Rehoboam, of Jeroboam that day: but what? even now. and all that he did, are they not written in the
15. For the Lord shall smite Israel as a | book of the Chronicles of the kings of Judah ? reed is shaken in the water, and he shall 30. And there was war between Rehoroot up Israel out of this good land which lie boam and Jeroboam all their days. gave to their fathers, and shall scatter them 31. And Rehoboam slept with his fathers, beyond the river, because they have made and was buried with his fathers in the city their groves, provoking the LORD to anger. of David. And his mother's name was
16. And he shall give Israel up, because Naamah, an Ammonitess. And Abijam of the sins of Jeroboam, who did sin, and his son reigned in his stead. who made Israel to sin.
CHAP. XV. 17. And Jeroboam's wife arose, and depart- | Abijam's wicked reign. Asa succeedeth him. ed, and came to Tirzah: and when she came 1. N OW, in the eighteenth year of king to the threshold of the door, the child died. N Jeroboam the son of Nebat, reigned
18. And they buried him; and all Israel | Abijam over Judah.
2. Three years reigned he in Jerusalem. || of Hezion, king of Syria, that dwelt at Da. And his mother's name was Maachah, the | mascus, saying, daughter of Abishalom.
19. There is a league between me and 3. And he walked in all the sins of his thee, and between my father and thy father: father, which he had done before him: and behold, I have sent unto thee a present of bis heart was not perfect with the LORD his silver and gold; come and break thy league God, as the heart of David his father. with Baasha king of Israel, that he may
4. Nevertheless, for David's sake, did depart from me. the Lord his God give him a lamp in Jeru 20. So Ben-hadad hearkened unto king salem, to set up his son aster him, and to Asa, and sent the captains of the host which establish Jerusalem :
he had against the ciues of Israel, and smote 5. Because David did that which was right. Tjon, and Dan, and Abel-beth-maachah, and in the eyes of the Lord, and turned not all Cinneroth, with all the land of Naphtali. aside from any thing that he commanded 21. And it came to pass, when Baasha him all the days of his lise, save only in the heard thercof, that he left off building of matter of Uriah the Hittite.
Ramal, and dwelt in Tirzah. 6. And there was war between Reho- || 22. Then king Asa made a proclamation boam and Jeroboam all the days of his life. || throughout all Judah ; none was exempted;
7. Now the rest of the acts of Abijam, and they took away the stones of Ramah, and all that he did, are they not written in and the timber thereof, wherewith Baasha the book of the Chronicles of the kings of had builded : and king Asa built with them Judah? And there was war between Abi- Geba of Benjamin, and Mizpah. jam and Jeroboam.
23. The rest of all the acts of Asa, and 8. And Abijam slept with his fathers; ! all his might, and all that he did, and the and they buried him in the city of David : cities which he built, are they not written and Asa his son reigned in his stead. in the book of the Chronicles of the kings of
9.And in the twentieth year of Jerobo- Judab? Nevertheless, in the time of his old am king of Israel reigned Asa over Judah. lage he was diseased in his feet.
10. And forty and one years reigned he | 24. And Asa slept with bis fathers, and in Jerusalem. And his mother's name was was buried with his fathers in the city of Maachah, the daughter of Abishalom. David his father: and Jehoshaphat his son
11. And Asa did that which was right reigned in his strad. in the eyes of the Lord, as did David his 25. And Nadab the son of Jeroboam father.
| began to reign over Israel in the second 12. And he took away the Sodomites out year of Asa king of Judalı, and reigned over of the land, and removed all the idols that | Israel two years. his fathers had made.
26. And he did evil in the sight of the 13. And also Maachah his mother,even her| Lord, and walked in the way of his father, he removed frombeing queen, because she had and in his sin wherewith he made Israel to sin. made an idol in a grove: and Asa destroyed! 27. And Baasha the son of Ahijah, of the her idol, and burnt it by the brook Kidron. || house of Issachar, conspired against him: and
14. But the high places were not remov-Baasha smote him at Gibbethon, which beed: nevertheless Asa's heart was perfect longeth to the Philistines; (for Nadab and with the LORD all his days.
all Israel laid siege to Gibbethon ;) 15. And he brought in the things which 28. Even in the third year of Asa king of his father had dedicated, and the things Judah did Baasha slay him, and reigned in which himself had dedicated, into the house his stead. of the Lord, silver, and gold, and vessels. 29. And it came to pass, when he reigned,
16. And there was war between Asa and that he smote all the house of Jeroboam; he Baasha king of Israel all their days. || left not to Jeroboam any that breathed, until
17. And Baasha king of Israel went up || he had destroyed him, according unto the against Judah, and built Ramah, that he saying of the LORD, which he spake by his might not suffer any to go out or come in servant Alijah the Shilonite: . to Asa king of Judah.
30. Because of the sins of Jeroboam 18. Then Asa took all the silver and the which he sinned, and which he made Israel gold that were left in the treasures of the sin, by his provocation wherewith he prohouse of the LORD, and the treasures of the voked the LORD God of Israel to anger. king's house, and delivered them into the 31. Now the rest of the acts of Nadab, and hand of his servants: and king Asa sent them all that he did, are they not written in the to Ben-hadad, the son of Tabrirnon, the son Il book of the Chronicles of the kings of Israel? 32. And there was war between Asa and || sins of Elah his son, by which they sinned, Baasha king of Israel all their days. and by which they made Israel to sin, in
33. In the third year of Asa king of Judah | provoking the LORD God of Israel to anbegan Baasha the son of Ahijah to reign over | ger with their vanities. all Israel in Tirzah, twenty and four years. || 14. Now the rest of the acts of Elah, and
34. And he did evil in the sight of the LORD, | all that he did, are they not written in the and walked in the way of Jeroboam, and in book of the Chronicles of the kings of Israel ? his sin wherewith he made Israel to sin. 15. | In the twenty and seventh year of CHAP. XVI.
Asa king of Judah did Zimri reign seven days 1, 7 Jehu's prophecy against Baasha. 6 Elah succeedeth him. I in Tirzah. And the people were encamped 1. THEN the word of the LORD came against Gibbethon, which belonged to the
to Jehu the son of Hanani, against || Philistines. Baasha, saying,
| 16. And the people that were encamped 2. Forasmuch asl exalted thee out of the heard say, Zimri hath conspired, and hath dust, and made thee prince over my people also slain the king: wherefore all Israel Israel, and thou hast walked in the way of made Omri, the captain of the host, king Jeroboam, and hast made my people Israel over Israel that day in the camp. to sin, to provoke me to anger with their sins ; |17. And Omri went up from Gibbethon,
3. Behold, I will take away the posterity and all Israel with him, and they besieged of Baasha, and the posterity of his house ; || Tirzah. and will make thy house like the house of 18. And it came to pass, when Zimri saw Jeroboam the son of Nebat.
that the city was taken, that he went into 4. Him that dieth of Baasha in the city || the palace of the king's house, and burnt the shall the dogs eat; and him that dieth of his king's house over him with fire, and died, in the fields shall the fowls of the air eat. 19. For his sins which he sinned in doing
5. Now the rest of the acts of Baasha, evil in the sight of the LORD, in walking in and what he did, and his might, are they not the way of Jeroboam, and in his sin which written in the book of the Chronicles of the he did, to make Israel to sin. kings of Israel ?
| 20. Now the rest of the acts of Zimri, 6. So Baasha slept with his fathers, and and his treason that he wrought, are they was buried in Tirzah: and Elah his son not written in the book of the Chronicles reigned in his stead.
of the kings of Israel? 7. And also by the hand of the prophet | 21. 1 Then were the people of Israel diJehu, the son of Hanani, came the word of vided into two parts: half of the people folthe LORD against Baasha, and against his | lowed Tibni the son of Ginath, to make him house, even for all the evil that he did in the king; and half followed Omri. sight of the LORD, in provoking him to 22. But the people that followed Omri anger with the work of his hands, in being prevailed against the people that followed like the house of Jeroboam; and because Tibni the son of Ginath: so Tibni died, and he killed him.
Omri reigned. 8. 1 In the twenty and sixth year of Asa 23. In the thirty and first year of Asa king king of Judah began Elah the son of Baasha of Judah began Omri to reign over Israel, to reign over Israel in Tirzah, two years. ||twelve years: six years reigned he in Tirzah.
9. And his servant Zimri, captain of half | 24. And he bought the hill Samaria of his chariots, conspired against him as he was Shemer for two talents of silver, and built in Tirzah, drinking himself drunk in the on the hill, and called the name of the city house of Arza,steward of his house in Tirzah. which he built, after the name of Shemer,
10. And Zimri went in and smote him, and owner of the hill, Samaria. killed him, in the twenty and seventh year | 25. But Omri wrought evil in the eyes of Asa king of Judah, and reigned in his stead. of the LORD, and did worse than all that
11. And it came to pass, when he began | were before him. to reign, as soon as he sat on his throne, that | 26. For he walked in all the way of Jerohe slew all the house of Baasha : he left || boam the son of Nebat, and in his sin him not one that pisseth against a wall, | wherewith he made Israel to sin, to provoke neither of his kinsfolks, nor of his friends. the LORD God of Israel to anger with their
12. Thus did Zimri destroy all the house of Baasha, according to the word of the | 27. Now the rest of the acts of Omri L.ORD, which he spake against Baasha by which he did, and his might that he showed, Jehu the prophet:
are they not written in the book of the Chro13. For all the sins of Baasha, and the || nicles of the kings of Israel ?