« 前へ次へ »
9. But Jehoiada the priest took a chest, ||
CHAP. XIII. and bored a hole in the lid of it, and set it
Jehoahaz's wicked reign. beside the altar, on the right side as one | 1. TN the three and twentieth year of cometh into the house of the LORD: and 1 Joash, the son of Ahaziah king of Juthe priests that kept the door put therein dah, Jehoahaz, the son of Jehu, began to all the money that was brought into the reign over Israel in Samaria, and reigned house of the LORD.
seventeen years. 10. And it was so, when they saw that 2. And he did that which was evil in the there was much money in the chest, that the sight of the LORD, and followed the sins of king's scribe and the high priest came up, and || Jeroboam the son of Nebat, wbich made they put up in bags, and told the money that Israel to sin; he departed not therefrom. was found in the house of the LORD. 13. And the anger of the Lord was kindled
11. And they gave the money, being against Israel; and he delivered them into told, into the hands of them that did the the hand of Hazael king of Syria, and into work, that had the oversight of the house the hand of Ben-hadad the son of Hazael. of the LORD: and they laid it out to the all their days. carpenters and builders that wrought upon 4. And Jehoahaz besought the LORD, and the house of the LORD,
the LORD hearkened unto him; for he saw 12. And to masons, and hewers of stone, the oppression of Israel, because the king of and to buy timber and hewed stone to Syria oppressed them. repair the breaches of the house of the | *5. (And the LORD gave Israel a saviour, LORD, and for all that was laid out for the so that they went out from under the hand house to repair it.
of the Syrians: and the children of Israel 13. Howbeit, there were not made for dwelt in their tents as beforetime. the house of the LORD bowls of silver, 6. Nevertheless they departed not from snuffers, basons, trumpets, any vessels of the sins of the house of Jeroboam, who gold, or vessels of silver, of the money that made Israel sin, but walked therein: and was brought into the house of the Lord: there remained the grove also in Samaria.)
14. But they gave that to the workmen, 7. Neither did he leave of the people to and repaired therewith the house of the Jehoahaz but fifty horsemen, and ten chaLORD.
| riots, and ten thousand footmen; for the king 15. Moreover, they reckoned not with of Syria had destroyed them, and had made the men, into whose hand- they delivered them like the dust by threshing. the money to be bestowed on workmen: for 8. Now the rest of the acts of Jehoahaz, they deali faithfully.
and all that he did, and his might, are they 16. The trespass-money and sin-money not written in the book of the Chronicles of was not brought into the house of the the kings of Israel? LORD: it was the priests'.
9. And Jehoahaz slept with his fathers; 17. 1 Then Hazael king of Syria went and they buried him in Samaria: and Joash up, and fought against Gath, and took it: and his son reigned in his stead. Hazael set his face to go up to Jerusalem. 10. | In the thirty and seventh year of
18. And Jehoash king of Judah took all | Joash king of Judah, began Jehoash the the hallowed things that Jehoshaphat, and son of Jehoahaz to reign over Israel in SaJehoram, and Ahaziah, his fathers, kings of maria, and reigned sixteen years. Judah, had dedicated, and his own hallowed 11. And he did that which was evil in the things, and all the gold that was found in the sight of the LORD; he departed not from all treasures of the house of the LORD, and in the sins of Jeroboam the son of Nebat, who the king's house, and sent it to Hazael king of made Israel sin; but he walked therein. Syria : and he went away from Jerusalem. 12. And the rest of the acts of Joash, and
19. And the rest of the acts of Jehoash, all that he did, and his might wherewith and all that he did, are they not written in the he fought against Amaziah king of Judah, book of the Chronicles of the kings of Judah? | are they not written in the book of the
20. And his servants arose, and made a Chronicles of the kings of Israel ? conspiracy, and slew Jehoash in the house | 13. And Joash slept with his fathers; and of Millo, wbich goeth down to Silla. Jeroboam sat upon his throne: and Joash , 21. For Jozachar the son of Shimeath, and was buried in Samaria with the kings of Israel. Jehozabad the son of Shomer, his servants, 14. Now Elisha was fallen sick, of his smote him, and he died; and they buried sickness whereof he died. And Joash the him with his fathers in the city of David : king of Israel came down unto him, and and Amaziah his son reigned in his stead. I wept over his face, and said, O my father
Lithoram wed thirsh king up to Scook it.
iny father! the chariot of Israel, and the || 3. And he did that which was right in the horsemen thereof!
sight of the LORD, yet not like David his -15. And Elisha said unto him, Take bow | father: he did according to all things as and arrows: and he took unto bim bow and Joash his father did. arrows.
4. Howbeit the high places were not 16. And he said to the king of Israel, Put | taken away: as yet the people did sacrifice thine hand upon the bow: and he put his and burnt incense on the high places. hand upon it; and Elisha put his hands upon || 5. And it came to pass, as soon as the the king's hands.
kingdom was confirmed in his hand, that 17. And he said, Open the window east- he slew his servants which had slain the ward : and he opened it. Then Elisha said, king his father. Shoot: and he shot. And he said, The arrow 6. But the children of the murderers he of the Lord's deliverance, and the arrow of slew not: according unto that which is deliverance from Syria ; for thou shalt smite | written in the book of the law of Moses, the Syrians in Aphek till thou have con- wherein the Lord commanded, saying, sumed them.
| The fathers shall not be put to death for 18. And he said, Take the arrows: and he the children, nor the children be put to took them. And he said unto the king of death for the fathers; but every man shall Israel, Smite upon the ground: and he smote be put to death for bis own sin. thrice, and staved.
1. He slew of Edom, in the valley of Salt, 19. And the man of God was wroth with ten thousand, and took Selah by war, and him, and said, Thou shouldest have smitten called the name of it Joktheel unto this day. five or six times, then hadst thou smitten 8. Then Amaziah sent messengers to JeSyria till thou hadst consumed it: whereas hoash, the son of Jehoahaz, son of Jehu now thou shalt smite Syria but thrice. king of Israel, saying, Come, let us look
20. | And Elisha died, and they buried one another in the face. him. And the bands of the Moabites invaded || 9. And Jehoash the king of Israel sent the land at the coming in of the year. to Amaziah king of Judah, saying, The
21. And it came to pass, as they were thistle that was in Lebanon sent to the cedar burying a man, that, behold, they spied a that was in Lebanon, saying, Give thy daughband of men; and they cast the man into the ter to my son to wife: and there passed by a sepulchre of Elisha : and when the man was wild beast that was in Lebanon, and trode let down, and touched the bones of Elisha, || down the thistle. he revived, and stood up on his feet.
10. Thou hast indeed smitten Edom, and 22. 1 But Hazael king of Syria oppress-thine heart bath lifted thee up: glory of this, ed Israel all the days of Jehoahaz.
and tarry at home; for why shouldest thou 23. And the LORD was gracious unto meddle to thy hurt, that thou shouldest fall, them, and had compassion on them, and had | even thou, and Judah with thee? respect unto them, because of his covenant | 11. But Amaziah would not hear: therewith Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and would fore Jehoash king of Israel went up; and not destroy them, neither cast he them from he and Amaziah king of Judah looked one his presence as yet.
another in the face at Beth-shemesh, which 24. So Hazael king of Syria died; and || belongeth to Judah. Ben-hadad his son reigned in his stead. I 12. And Judah was put to the worse
25. And Jehoash, the son of Jehoahaz, || before Israel; and they fled every man to took again, out of the hand of Ben-hadad | their tents. the son of Hazael, the cities which he had 13. And Jehoash king of Israel took Amataken out of the hand of Jehoahaz his father ziah king of Judah, the son of Jehoash, the by war: three times did Joash beat him, and son of Ahaziah, at Beth-shemesh, and came recovered the cities of Israel.
to Jerusalem, and brake down the wall of CHAP. XIV.
Jerusalem, from the gate of Ephraim unto 1 Amaziah's good reign : 5 His justice on the murderers of || the corner-gate, four hundred cubits. his father,
14. And he took all the gold and silver, 1. TN the second year of Joash, son of and all the vessels that were found in the
1 Jehoahaz king of Israel, reigned Ama- || house of the LORD, and in the treasures of ziah, the son of Joash king of Judah. the king's house, and hostages, and returned
2. He was twenty and five years old to Samaria. when he began to reign, and reigned twenty 15. Now the rest of the acts of Jenoash and nine years in Jerusalem: and his mo- || which he did, and his might, and how he ther's name was Jehoaddan of Jerusalem. ll fought with Amaziah king of Judah, are
4Omergate, the gate
they not written in the book of the Chroni- || 2. Sixteen years old was he when he becles of the kings of Israel ?
gan to reign, and he reigned two and fifty 16. And Jehoash slept with his fathers, Il years in Jerusalem: and his mother's name
was Jecholiah of Jerusalem. of Israel; and Jeroboam his son reigned in 3. And he did that which was right in the his stead.
sight of the Lord, according to all that his 17. And Amaziah the son of Joash king father Amaziah had done; of Judah lived after the death of Jehoash, || 4. Save that the high places were not son of Jehoahaz king of Israel, fifteen years. | removed : the people sacrificed and burnt
18. And the rest of the acts of Amaziah, incense still on the high places. are they not written in the book of the 5. And the LORD smote the king, so that Chronicles of the kings of Judah?
| he was a leper unto the day of his death, 19. Now they made a conspiracy against and dwelt in a several house. And Jotham him in Jerusalem: and he fled to Lachish; | the king's son was over the house, judging but they sent after him to Lachish, and slew the people of the land. him there.
1 6. And the rest of the acts of Azariah, and 20. And they brought him on horses ; | all that he did, are they not written in the and he was buried at Jerusalem with his book of the Chronicles of the kings of Judah ? fathers, in the city of David.
7. So Azariah slept with his fathers; and 21. And all the people of Judah took they buried him with his fathers in the city of Azariah, which was sixteen years old, and David:and Jotham bis son reigned in his stead. made him king instead of his father Amaziah. 8. 1 In the thirty and eighth year of Aza
22. He built Elath, and restored it to Ju- liah king of Judah, did Zachariah the son dah, after that the king slept with his fathers. of Jeroboam reign over Israel in Samaria
23. 1 In the fifteenth year of Amaziah the six months. son of Joash king of Judah, Jeroboam the | 9. And he did that which was evil in the son of Joash king of Israel began to reign sight of the Lord, as his fathers had done: in Samaria, and reigned forty and one years. he departed not from the sins of Jeroboam
24. And he did that which was evil in the the son of Nebat, who made Israel to sin. sight of the LORD: he departed not from 10. And Shallum the son of Jabesh conall the sins of Jeroboam the son of Nebat, spired against him, and smote him before the who made Israel to sin..
people,and slew bim,and reigned in his stead. 25. He restored the coast of Israel from 11. And the rest of the acts of Zachariah, the entering of Hamath unto the sea of the behold, they are written in the book of the plain, according to the word of the Lord || Chronicles of the kings of Israel. God of Israel, which he spake by the hand | 12. This was the word of the LORD which of his servant Jonah, the son of Amittai, the he spake unto Jehu, saying, Thy sons shal. prophet, which was of Gath-hepher.
sit on the throne of Israel unto the fourth 26. For the LORD saw the affliction of generation. And so it came to pass. Israel, that it was very bitter: for there was 13. q Shallum the son of Jabesh began to not uny shut up, nor any left, nor any helper | reign in the nine and thirtieth year of Uzfor Israel.
liziah king of Judah; and he reigned a full 27. And the LORD said not that he would month in Samaria. blot out the name of Israel from under 14. For Menahem the son of Gadi went heaven: but he saved them by the hand of up from Tirzah, and came to Samaria, and Jeroboam the son of Joash.
smote Shallum the son of Jabesh in Samaria, 28. Now the rest of the acts of Jeroboam, || and slew him, and reigned in his stead. and all that he did, and his might, how he 15. And the rest of the acts of Shallum, warred, and how he recovered Damascus, and his conspiracy which he made, behold, and Hamath, which belonged to Judah, for Israel, are they not written in the book of|cles of the kings of Israel. the Chronicles of the kings of Israel ?
16. Then Menahem smote Tiphsah, and . 29. And Jeroboam slept with his fathers, l; all that were therein, and the coast thereof even with the kings of Israel; and Zach- || from Tirzah: because they opened not to him, ariah bis son reigned in his stead.
therefore he smote it ; and all the women . CHAP. XV.
therein that were with child he ripped up. 1 Azariah's good reign : 5 Jotham succeedeth him. 17. In the nine and thirtieth year of Aza1. TN the twenty and seventh year of Je- || riah king of Judah, began Menahem the son
I roboam king of Israel, began Azariah || of Gadi to reign over Israel, and reigned ten son of Amaziah king of Judah to reign. . ll years in Samaria.
18. And he did that which was evil in the of Remaliah king of Israel, began Jotham sight of the LORD: he departed not all his the son of Uzziah king of Judah to reigri. days from the sins of Jeroboam the son of | 33. Five and twenty years old was he Nebat, who made Israel to sin.
when he began to reign, and he reigned 19. And Pul the king of Assyria came sixteen years in Jerusalem; and his mother's against the land : and Menahem gave Pul name was Jerusha, the daughter of Zadok. a thousand talents of silver, that his hand || 34. And he did that which was right in the might be with him, to confirm the kingdom sight of the Lord: he did according to all in his hand.
that his father Uzziah had done. 20. And Menahem exacted the money of | 35. Howbeit, the high places were not Israel, even of all the mighty men of wealth, removed: the people sacrificed and burnt of each man fifty shekels of silver, to give to incense still in the high places. He built the king of Assyria : so the king of Assyria the higher gate of the house of the LORD, turned back, and stayed not there in the land. L. 36. Now the rest of the acts of Jotham,
21. And the rest of the acts of Menahem, and all that he did, are they not written in and all that he did,are they not written in the the book of the Chronicles of the kings book of the Chronicles of the kings of Israel? of Judah? .
22. And Menahem slept with his fathers: 37. In those days the LORD began to and Pekahjah his son reigned in his stead. send against Judah, Rezin the king of
23. In the fiftieth year of Azariah king Syria, and Pekah the son of Remaliah. of Judah, Pekahiah the son of Menahem | 38. And Jotham slept with his fathers, began to reign over Israel in Samaria, and and was buried with his fathers in the city reigned two years.
of David his father: and Ahaz his son 24. And he did that which was evil in the reigned in his stead. sight of the LORD; he departed not from
CHAP. XVI. the sins of Jeroboam the son of Nebat, | | Ahaz's wicked reign. 19 Hezekiah succeedeth him. who made Israel to sin.
|| 1. TN the seventeenth year of Pekah the 25. But Pekah the son of Remaliah, a 1 son of Remaliah, Ahaz the son of captain of his, conspired against him, and Jotham king of Judah began to reign. smote him in Samaria, in the palace of the 2. Twenty years old was Ahaz when he king's house, with Argob and Arieh, and began to reign, and reigned sixteen years in with him fifty men of the Gileadites: and Jerusalem, and did not that which was right he killed him, and reigned in his room. in the sight of the Lord his God, like David
26. And the rest of the acts of Pekahiah, || his father. and all that he did, behold, they are writ- 3. But he walked in the way of the kings ten in the book of the Chronicles of the of Israel; yea, and made his son to pass kings of Israel.
through the fire, according to the abomina27. In the two and fiftieth year of Azations of the heathen, whom the LORD cast riah king of Judah, Pekah the son of Re-l out from before the children of Israel. maliah began to reign over Israel in Sama- 4. And he sacrificed and burnt incense ria, and reigned twenty years.
in the high places, and on the hills, and 28. And he did that which was evil in the under every green tree. sight of the LORD; he departed not from 5. Then Rezin king of Syria, and Pekah the sins of Jeroboam the son of Nebat, who son of Kemaliah king of Israel, came up to made Israel to sin.
Jerusalem to war: and they besieged Ahaz, 29. In the days of Pekah king of Israel, | but could not overcome him. came Tiglath-pileser king of Assyria, and 6. At that time Rezin king of Syria retook Ijon, and Abel-beth-maachah, and covered Elath to Syria, and drave the Jews Janoah, and Kedesh, and Hazor, and Gi-from Elath: and the Syrians came to Elath, lead, and Galilee, all the land of Naphtali, and dwelt there unto this day. and carried them captive to Assyria. | 7. So Ahaz sent messengers to Tiglath
30. And Hoshea the son of Elah made a pileser king of Assyria, saying, I am thy serconspiracy against Pekah the son of Re- vant, and thy son: come up and save me out maliah, and smote him, and slew him, and of the hand of the king of Syria, and out of reigned in his stead, in the twentieth year the band of the king of Israel, which rise up of Jotham the son of Uzziah.
against me. 31. And the rest of the acts of Pekah, and 8. And Ahaz took the silver and gold that all that he did, behold, they are written in the was found in the house of the LORD, and in book of the Chronicles of the kings of Israel. the treasures of the king's house, and sent it
32. 1 In the second year of Pekah the son || for a present to the king of Assyria.
9. And the king of Assyria hearkened || 2. And he did that which was evil in the unto him; for the king of Assyria went up sight of the Lord, but not as the kings of against Damascus, and took it, and carried Israel that were before bim. the people of it captive to Kir, and slew Rezin. || 3. Against him came up Shalmaneser
10. And king Ahaz went to Damascus || king of Assyria; and Hoshea became his to meet Tiglath-pileser king of Assyria, and servant, and gave him presents. saw an altar that was at Damascus: and 4. And the king of Assyria found conspiking Ahaz sent to Urijah the priest the racy in Hoshea : for he had sent messengers fashion of the altar, and the pattern of it, to So king of Egypt, and brought no present according to all the workmanship thereof. I to the king of Assyria, as he had done year
11. And Urijah the priest built an altar by year: therefore the king of Assyria shut according to all that king Ahaz had sent from him up, and bound him in prison. Damascus: so Urijah the priest made it | 5. Then the king of Assyria came up against king Ahaz came from Damascus. throughout all the land, and went up to
12. And when the king was come from Samaria, and besieged it three years. Damascus, the king saw the altar: and the 6. In the ninth year of Hoshea the king king approached to the altar, and offered of Assyria took Samaria, and carried Israel thereon.
away into Assyria, and placed them in Ha13. And he burnt his burnt-offering, and lah, and in Habor by the river of Gozan, and his meat-offering, and poured his drink- | in the cities of the Medes. offering, and sprinkled the blood of his 7. For so it was, that the children of Ispeace-offerings upon the altar.
rael had sinned against the LORD their God, 14. And he brought also the brazen altar, which had brought them up out of the land which was before the LORD, from the fore- | of Egypt, from under the hand of Pharaoh front of the house, from between the altar king of Egypt, and had feared other gods, and the house of the LORD, and put it on 8. And walked in the statutes of the the north side of the altar.
heathen, whom the Lord cast out from be15. And king Ahaz commanded Urijah || fore the children of Israel, and of the kings the priest, saying, Upon the great altar burn of Israel, which they had made. the morning burnt-offering, and the evening 9. And the children of Israel did secretly meat-offering, and the king's burnt-sacrifice, those things that were not right against the and his meat-offering, with the burnt-offer- Lord their God, and they built them high ing of all the people of the land, and their places in all their cities, from the tower of meat-offering, and their drink-offerings; and the watchmen to the fenced city. sprinkle upon it all the blood of the burnt 10. And they set them up images and offering, and all the blood of the sacrifice: groves in every high bill, and under every and the brazen altar shall be for me to green tree: inquire by.
11. And there they burnt incense in all 16. Thus did Urijah the priest, according the high places, as did the heathen whom to all that king Ahaz commanded.
the LORD carried away before them; and 17. And king Ahaz cut off the borders of wrought wicked things to provoke the Lord the bases, and removed the laver from off to anger: them; and took down the sea from off the | 12. For they served idols, whereof the brazen oxen that were under it, and put it LORD had said unto them, Ye shall not do upon a pavement of stones :
this thing. 18. And the covert for the sabbath that || 13. Yet the LORD testified against Israel, they had built in the house, and the king's | and against Judah, by all the prophets, and entry without, turned he from the house of || by all the seers, saying, Turn ye from your the Lord for the king of Assyria.
evil ways, and keep my commandments and 19. Now the rest of the acts of Ahaz | my statutes, according to all the law which which he did, are they not written in the I commanded your fathers, and which I sent book of the Chronicles of the kings of Judah ? | to you by my servants the prophets.
20. And Ahaz slept with his fathers, and i4. Notwithstanding, they would not hear, was buried with his fathers in the city of Da- || but hardened their necks, like to the neck vid:and Hezekiah his son reigned in his stead. of their fathers, that did not believe in the CHAP. XVII.
LORD their God.
15. And they rejected his statutes, and 1. TN the twelfth year of Ahaz king of his covenant that he made with their fa
to reign in Samaria over Israel nine years. Ilagainst them; and they followed vanity, and