« 前へ次へ »
for the boards of the tabernacle for the sides || and a cubit the breadth thereof, and a cubit westward.
and a half the height thereof. • 33. And he made the middle bar to shoot | 11. And he overlaid it with pure gold, and through the boards from the one end to the made thereunto a crown of gold round about. other.
12. Also he made thereunto a border of a 34. And he overlaid the boards with hand-breadth round about; and made a gold, and made their rings of gold to be crown of gold for the border thereof round places for the bars, and overlaid the bars | about. with gold.
13. And he cast for it four rings of gold, 35. And he made a vail of blue, and pur- and put the rings upon the four corners that ple, and scarlet, and fine twined linen : with || were in the four feet thereof. cherubims made he it of cunning work. 14. Over against the border were the rings,
36. And he made thereunto four pillars of the places for the staves, to bear the table. shittim-wood, and overlaid them with gold: | 15. And he made the staves of shittimtheir hooks were of gold; and he cast for them wood, and overlaid them with gold, to bear four sockets of silver.
the table. 37. And he made a hanging for the taber- 16. And he made the vessels which were nacle-door, of blue, and purple, and scarlet, | upon the table, his dishes, and his spoons, and fine twined linen, of needle-work; and his bowls, and his covers, to cover
38. And the five pillars of it, with their withal, of pure gold. hooks: and he overlaid their chapiters and 17. And he made the candlestick of pure their fillets with gold; but their five sockets gold: of beaten work made he the candlewere of brass.
stick; his shast, and his branch, his bowls, CHAP. XXXVII.
his knops, and his flowers, were of the same: I The ark. 6 The mercy-seat with cherubims, 10 The
| 18. And six branches going out of the table with his vessels.
sides thereof; three branches of the candle1. AND Bezaleel made the ark of shit- stick out of the one side thereof, and three
A tim-wood: two cubits and a half was branches of the candlestick out of the other the length of it, and a cubit and a half the side thereof: breadth of it, and a cubit and a half the 19. Three bowls made he aster the faheight of it.
shion of almonds in one branch, a knop and 2. And he overlaid it with pure gold a flower; and three bowls made like almonds within and without, and made a crown of in another branch, a knop and a flower; so gold to it round about.
throughout the six branches going out of the 3. And he cast for it four rings of gold, || candlestick. to be set by the four corners of it; even two 20. And in the candlestick were four rings upon the one side of it, and two rings bowls made like almonds, his knops, and his upon the other side of it.
flowers: 4. And he made staves of shittim-wood, || 21. And a knop under two branches of and overlaid them with gold.
the same, and a knop under two branches 5. And he put the staves into the rings by of the same, and a knop under two branches the sides of the ark, to bear the ark. of the same, according to the six branches
6. And he made the mercy-seat of pure going out of it. gold: two cubits and a half was the length 22. Their knops and their branches were thereof, and one cubit and a half the breadth of the same: all of it was one beaten work thereof.
of pure gold. 7. And he made two cherubims of gold, || 23. And he made his seven lamps, and beaten out of one piece made he them, on | his snuffers, and his snuff-dishes, of pure the two ends of the mercy-seat;
gold. 8. One cherub on the end on this side, and I 24. Of a talent of pure gold made he it, another cherub on the other end on that and all the vessels thereof. side: out of the mercy-seat made he the 25. And he made the incense altar of cherubims, on the two ends thereof. shittim-wood: the length of it was à cubit,
9. And the cherubims spread out their and the breadth of it a cubit, (it was fourwings on high, and covered with their wings square,) and two cubits was the height of it; over the mercy-seat, with their faces one to the horns thereof were of the same. ! another; even to the mercy-seat-ward were 26. And he overlaid it with pure gold, the faces of the cherubims.
both the top of it, and the sides thereof round 10. And he made the table of shittim- || about, and the horns of it: also he made wood: two cubits was the length thereof, ll unto it a crown of gold round about.
the length wood: womade the ark
as a Froufive cubits the wenty cubits was fine twined ind pur
ends | them. And he tribe Jed Mose holiab,
a cube 27. And he made two rings of gold for || hangings of fifteen cubits; their pillars three,
it under the crown thereof, by the two cor- and their sockets three. old.cooners of it, upon the two sides thereof, to be 16. All the hangings of the court round abord places for the et
places for the staves, to bear it withal. about were of fine twined linen. der of a 28. And he made the staves of shittim- || 17. And the sockets for the pillars were
wood, and overlaid them with gold. of brass; the hooks of the pillars and their roun 29. And he made the holy anointing oil, fillets of silver; and the overlaying of their
and the pure incense of sweet spices, accord- chapiters of silver: and all the pillars of of getting to the work of the apothecary.
the court were filleted with silver. CHAP. XXXVIII.
18. And the hanging for the gate of the I The altar of burnt-offering. 8 The laver of brass. ll court was needle-work, of blue, and i e ning LAND he made the altar of burnt-of-| and scarlet, and fine twined linen; and table 11 fering of shittim-wood : five cubits twenty cubits was the length, and the height shitte was the length thereof, and five cubits the in the breadth was five cubits, answerable co bial breadth thereof, (it was foursquare,) and to the hangings of the court. three cubits the height thereof.
19. And their pillars were four, and their , 2 And he made the horns thereof on the sockets of brass four; their hooks of silver,
four corners of it: the horns thereof were of and the overlaying of their chapiters and CORE the same : and he overlaid it with brass. their fillets of silver.
3. And he made all the vessels of the 20. And all the pins of the tabernacle, = f puts altar, the pots, and the shovels, and the ba- and of the court round about, were of brass. aunde suns, and the flesh-hooks, and the fire-pans; 21. | This is the sum of the tabernacle, Dowls all the vessels thereof made he of brass. even of the tabernacle of testimony, as it
4. And he made for the altar a brazen was counted, according to the commandbile grate of network, under the compass there-ment of Moses, for the service of the Leof, beneath unto the midst of it.
vites, by the hand of Ithamar, son to Aaron And he cast four rings for the four ends the priest. of the grate ofbrass, to be places for the staves, 22. And Bezaleel the son of Uri, the son
6. And he made the staves of shittim- of Hur, of the tribe of Judah, made all that wood, and overlaid them with brass. the Lord commanded Moses. , 7. And he put the staves into the rings on | 23. And with him was Aholiab, son of the sides of the altar, to bear it withal : he | Ahisamach, of the tribe of Dan, an enmade the altar hollow with boards.
graver, and a cunning workman, and an 8. And he made the laver of brass, and embroiderer in blue, and in purple, and in
ogt of it of brass, of the looking-glasses scarlet, and fine linen.
the gold of the offering, was twenty and nine 4. And he made the court: on the south talents and seven hundred and thirty shesouthward, the hangings of the court kels, after the shekel of the sanctuary.
tine twined linen, a hundred cubits: 25. And the silver of them that were Their pillars were twenty, and their numbered of the congregation was a hundred
sockets twenty: the hooks of the talents, and a thousand seven hundred and pulars and their fillets were of silver. threescore and fifteen shekels, after the
ind for the north side the hangings shekel of the sanctuary:
from twenty years old and upward, for six
were cast the sockets of the sanctuary, and for the east side eastward, fifty the sockets of the vail ; a hundred sockets
of the hundred talents, a talent for a socket. angings of the one side of the 28. And of the thousand seven hundred en Cubits; their pillars three, seventy and five shekels he made hooks for
the pillars, and overlaid their chapiters, and the other side of the court-filleted them. Shand and that hand, were || 29. And the brass of the offering was
twenty, and their so the hooks of the pil silver.
12. And for the we of fifty cubits, their p sockets ten; the ho their fillets of silver.
13. And for the ea cubits.
14. The hangings of gate were fifteen cubits and their sockets three.
15. And for the othe
sate, on this ha
seventy talents, and two thousand and four || according to their names, like the engravhundred shekels.
ings of a signet, every one with his name, 30. And therewith he made the sockets according to the twelve tribes. to the door of the tabernacle of the congre 15. And they made upon the breastplate gation, and the brazen altar, and the brazen chains at the ends, of wreathen work of grate for it, and all the vessels of the altar, \ pure gold.
31. And the sockets of the court round 16. And they made two ouches of gold. about, and the sockets of the court-gate, and two gold rings; and put the two rings and all the pins of the tabernacle, and all || in the two ends of the breastplate. the pins of the court round about.
17. And they put the two wreathen . CHAP. XXXIX.
chains of gold in the two rings on the ends The clothes of service, and holy garments, viewed and ap- || OL
of the breastplate. proved by Moses.
| 13. And the two ends of the two wreathen 1. AND of the blue, and purple, and chains they fastened in the two ouches, and
A scarlet, they made clothes of service, put them on the shoulder-pieces of the to do service in the holy place, and made ephod before it. the holy garments for Aaron; as the LORD 19. And they made two rings of gold, and commanded Moses.
put them on the two ends of the breast2. And he made the ephod of gold, blue, and plate, upon the border of it, which was on purple, and scarlet, and fine twined linen. the side of the ephod inward.
3. And they did beat the gold into thin | 20. And they made two other golden plates, and cut it into wires, to work it in the rings, and put them on the two sides of the blue, and in the purple, and in the scarlet, ephod underneath, toward the forepart of and in the fine linen, with cunning work. it, over against the other coupling thereof,
4. They made shoulder-pieces for it, to above the curious girdle of the ephod. couple it together: by the two edges was it 21. And they did bind the breastplate coupled together.
by his rings unto the rings of the ephod 5. And the curious girdle of his ephod, with a lace of blue, that it might be above that wus upon it, was of the same, accord the curious girdle of the ephod, and that the ing to the work thereof; of gold, blue, and breastplate might not be loosed from the purple, and scarlet, and fine twined linen; ephod: as the Lord commanded Moses. as the LORD commanded Moses.
22. And he made the robe of the ephod 6. And they wrought onyx-stones enclosed of woven work, all of blue. in ouches of gold, graven, as signets are 23. And there was a hole in the midst graven, with the names of the children of of the robe, as the hole of a habergeon, with Israel.
a band round about the hole, that it should 7. And he put them on the shoulders of not rend. the ephod, that they should be stones for all 24. And they made upon the hems of the memorial to the children of Israel; as the robe pomegranates of blue, and purple, and LORD commanded Moses.
scarlet, and twined linen. 8. And he made the breastplate of cun- 25. And they made bells of pure gold, and ning work, like the work of the ephod; of put the bells between the pomegranates, gold, blue, and purple, and scarlet, and fine upon the hem of the robe, round about betwined linen.
tween the pomegranates; 9. It was foursquare: they made the 26. A bell and a pomegranate, a bell and breastplate double: a span was the length a pomegranate, round about the hem of the thereof, and a span the breadth thereof, robe to minister in; as the LORD combeing doubled.
manded Moses. 10. And they set in it four rows of stones: 27. And they made coats of fine linen, of the first row was a sardius, a topaz, and woven work, for Aaron and for his sons; a carbuncle: this was the first row.
28. And a mitre of fine linen, and goodly 11. And the second row, an emerald, a bonnets of fine linen, and linen breeches of sapphire, and a diamond.
fine twined linen; 12. And the third row, a ligure, an agate, | 29. And a girdle of fine twined linen, and and an amethyst.
blue, and purple, and scarlet, of needle13. And the fourth row, a beryl, an onyx, work; as the LORD commanded Moses. and a jasper: they were enclosed in ouches 30. And they made the plate of the holy of gold in their enclosings.
crown of pure gold, and wrote upon it a 14. And the stones were according to writing, like to the engravings of a signet the names of the children of Israel, twelve, || HOLINESS TO THE LORD.
31. And they tied unto it a lace of blue, il 5. And thou shalt set the altar of gold to fasten it on high upon the mitre; as the for the incense before the ark of the testiLORD commanded Moses.
mony, and put the hanging of the door to 32. T Thus was all the work of the taber- the tabernacle. nacle of the tent of the congregation finish-| 6. And thou shalt set the altar of the ed: and the children of Israel did according burnt-offering before the door to the taberto all that the LORD commanded Moses, nacle of the tent of the congregation. so did they.
7. And thou shalt set the laver between 33. And they brought the tabernacle unto the tent of the congregation and the altar, Moses, the tent and all his furniture, his and shalt put water therein. taches, his boards, his bars, and his pillars, 8. And thou shalt set up the court round and his sockets,
about, and hang up the hanging at the 34. And the covering of rams’skins, dyed court-gate. red, and the covering of badgers' skins, and 9. And thou shalt take the anointing oil, the vail of the covering,
and anoint the tabernacle, and all that is 35. The ark of the testimony, the staves therein, and shalt hallow it, and all the vesthereof, and the mercy-seat,
sels thereof: and it shall be holy. 36. The table and all the vessels thereof, 10. And thou shalt anoint the altar of and the show-bread,
the burnt-offering, and all his vessels, and 37. The pure candlestick, with the lamps sanctify the altar: and it shall be an altar thereof, even with the lamps to be set in most holy. order, and all the vessels thereof, and the 11. And thou shalt anoint the laver and oil for light,
his foot, and sanctify it. 38. And the golden altar, and the anointl 12. And thou shalt bring Aaron and his ing oil, and the sweet incense, and the sons unto the door of the tabernacle of the hanging for the tabernacle-door,
congregation, and wash them with water. 39. The brazen altar, and his grate of 13. And thou shalt put upon Aaron the brass, his stayes, and all his vessels, the holy garments, and anoint him, and sanclaver and his foot, .
tify him ; that he may minister unto me in 40. The hangings of the court, his pillars, || the priest's office. and his sockets, and the hanging for the 14. And thou shalt bring his sons, and court-gate, his cords, and his pins, and all clothe them with coats : the vessels of the service of the tabernacle,! 15. And thou shalt anoint them, as thou for the tent of the congregation,
didst anoint their father, that they may min41. The clothes of service to do service | ister unto me in the priest's office: for their in the holy place, and the holy garments for anointing shall surely be an everlasting Aaron the priest, and his sons' garments, to priesthood, throughout their generations. minister in the priest's office.
16. Thus did Moses : according to all 42. According to all that the LORD com- that the LORD commanded him, so did he. manded Moses, so the children of Israel 17. | And it came to pass in the first month made all the work.
in the second year, on the first day of the 43. And Moses did look upon all the month, that the tabernacle was reared up. work, and, behold, they had done it as the 18. And Moses reared up the tabernacle, LORD had commanded, even so had they and fastened his sockets, and set up the done it: and Moses blessed them. CHAP. XL.
and reared up his pillars. I The tabernacle is commanded to be reared. 13 Aaron || 19. And he spread abroad the tent over and his sons to be sanctified. 34 A cloud coverein the | the tabernacle, and put the covering of the tabernacle. 1. AND the LORD spake unto Moses, tent above upon it; as the LORD commandn saying,
led Moses. 2. On the first day of the first month shalt 20. And he took and put the testimony thou set up the tabernacle of the tent of the into the ark, and set the staves on the ark, congregation.
| and put the mercy-seat above upon the ark. , 3. And thou shalt put therein the ark of 21. And he brought the ark into the taberthe testimony, and cover the ark with the nacle, and set up the vail of the covering, vail.
and covered the ark of the testimony; as 4. And thou shalt bring in the table, and the LORD commanded Moses. set in order the things that are to be set in 22. And he put the table in the tent of order upon it; and thou shalt bring in the the congregation, upon the side of the taber candlestick, and light the lamps thereof. nacle northward, without the vail,
23. And he set the bread in order upon || 32. When they went into the tent of the it before the LORD; as the Lord had com-congregation, and when they came near manded Moses.
unto the altar, they washed; as the LORD 24. And he put the candlestick in the tent commanded Moses. of the congregation, over against the table, 33. And he reared up the court round on the side of the tabernacle southward. about the tabernacle and the altar, and set
25. And he lighted the lamps before the up the hanging of the court-gate. So Moses LORD; as the LORD commanded Moses. l finished the work.
26. And he put the golden altar in the 34. Then a cloud covered the tent of the tent of the congregation, before the vail : congregation, and the glory of the LORD ,
27. And he burnt sweet incense thereon ; | filled the tabernacle. as the Lord commanded Moses.
35. And Moses was not able to enter 28. And he set up the hanging at the into the tent of the congregation, because door of the tabernacle.
the cloud abode thereon, and the glory of 29. And he put the altar of burnt-offer- the Lord filled the tabernacle. ing by the door of the tabernacle of the tent | 36. And when the cloud was taken up of the congregation, and offered upon it the from over the tabernacle, the children of burnt-offering and the meat-offering; as the Israel went onward in all their journeys: Lord commanded Moses.
37. But if the cloud were not taken up,. 30. And he set the laver between the tent | then they journeyed not till the day that it of the congregation and the altar, and put was taken up. water there, to wash withal. .
38. For the cloud of the Lord was upon 31. And Moses, and Aaron, and his the tabernacle by day, and fire was on it by sons, washed their hands and their feet night, in the sight of all the house of Israel, thereat :
| throughout all their journeys. The THIRD Book of Moses, called LEVITICUS. CHAP. I.
1 9. But the inwards and his legs shall he 1 The burnt-offerings, 3 of the herd, 10 of the flocks, 14 of wash in water : and the priest shall burn all the fowls.
on the altar, to be a burnt-sacrifice, an of1. AND the LORD called unto Moses, fering made by fire of a sweet savour unto
and spake unto him out of the taber- | the LORD. nacle of the congregation, saying,
10. And if his offering be of the flocks, 2. Speak unto the children of Israel, and | namely, of the sheep, or of the goats, for a say unto them, If any man of you bring an burnt-sacrifice ; he shall bring it a male offering unto the LORD, ye shall bring your without blemish. offering of the cattle, even of the herd, and 11. And he shall kill it on the side of the of the flock.
| altar northward before the LORD: and the 3. If his offering be a burnt-sacrifice of the priests, Aaron's sons, shall sprinkle his blood herd, let him offer a male without blemish : round about upon the altar: he shall offer it of his own voluntary will, 12. And he shall cut it into his pieces, at the door of the tabernacle of the congre- with his head and his fat: and the priest gation, before the LORD.
shall lay them in order on the wood that is 4. And he shall put his hand upon the on the fire which is upon the altar. head of the burnt-offering; and it shall be | 13. But he shall wash the inwards and accepted for him, to make atonement for him. the legs with water : and the priests shall
5. And he shall kill the bullock before | bring it all, and burn it upon the altar: it the LORD: and the priests, Aaron's sons, is a burnt-sacrifice, an offering made by fire, shall bring the blood, and sprinkle the blood of a sweet savour unto the LORD. round about upon the altar that is by the 14. And if the burnt-sacrifice for his of. door of the tabernacle of the congregation. || fering to the Lord be of fowls, then he shall
6. And he shall slay the burnt-offering, bring his offering of turtle doves, or of young and cut it into his pieces.
| pigeons. 7. And the sons of Aaron the priest shall 15. And the priest shall bring it unto the put fire upon the altar, and lay the wood in altar, and wring off his head, and burn it on order upon the fire:
the altar; and the blood thereof shall be 8. And the priests, Aaron's sons, shall lay wrung out at the side of the altar: the parts, the head, and the fat, in order 16. And he shall pluck away his crop with upon the wood that is on the fire which is his feathers, and cast it beside the altar, upon the altar :
ll on the east part, by the place of the ashes :