« 前へ次へ »
this my tabernacle, even as our Lord Jesus || his righteous soul from day to day, with Christ haih shewed me.
their unlawful deeds ;) 15. Moreover, I will endeavour that you 9. The Lord knoweth how to deliver may be able after my decease to have these | the godly out of temptations, and to reserve things always in remembrance.
the unjust unto the day of judgment to be 16. For we have not followed cunningly punished: devised fables, when we made known unto 10. But chiefly them that walk after the you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise Christ, but wereeye-witnesses of his majesty. government. Presumptuous are they, self
17. For he received from God the Fa-willed; they are not afraid to speak evil of ther honour and glory, when there came dignities, such a voice to him from the excellent glo- 11. Whereas angels, which are greater ry, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am in power and might, bring not railing acwell pleased.
cusation against them before the Lord. 18. And this voice which came froin hea- 12. But these, as natural brute beasts, ven we heard, when we were with him in made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil the holy mount.
of the things that they understand not; and 19. We have also a more sure word of shall utterly perish in their own corruption; prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye | 13. And shall receive the reward of untake heed, as unto a light that shineth in a righteousness, as they that count it pleasure dark place, until the day dawn, and the to riot in the day-time. Spots they are and day-star arise in your hearts:
blemishes, sporting themselves with their 20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of own deceivings, while they feast with you; the scripture is of any private interpretation. 14. Having eyes full of adultery, and
21. For the prophecy came not in old time that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unby the will of man: but holy men of God stable souls: a heart they have exercised spake as they were moved by the HolyGhost. with covetous practices ; cursed children: CHAP. II.
15. Which have forsaken the right way, He foretelleth them of false teachers, shewing the impiety and are gone astray, following the way of
and punishment of them and their followers, foc. Balaam the son of Bosor, who loved the 1. PUT there were false prophets also wages of unrighteousness;
D among the people, even as there 16. But was rebuked for his iniquity : shall be false teachers among you, who pri- the dumb ass, speaking with man's voice, vily shall bring in damnable heresies, even forbade the madness of the prophet. denying the Lord that bought them, and 17. These are wells without water,clouds bring upon themselves swift destruction. that are carried with a tempest; to whom
2. And many shall follow their perni- the mist of darkness is reserved for ever. cious ways; by reason of whom the way 18. For when they speak great swelling of truth shall be evil spoken of. . words of vanity, they allure through the
3. And through covetousness shall they lusts of the flesh, through much wantonwith feigned words make merchandise of ness, those that were clean escaped from you: whose judgment now of a long time them who live in error. lingereth not, and their damnation slumber- 19. While they promise them liberty. eth not.
they themselves are the servants of corrup4. For if God spared not the angels that tion: for of whom a man is overcome, of sinned, but cast them down to hell, and de- | the same is he brought in bondage. livered them into chains of darkness, to be 20. For if after they have escaped the reserved unto judgment;
pollutions of the world, through the know5. And spared not the old world, butledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher they are again entangled therein and overof righteousness, bringing in the flood upon come, the latter end is worse with them the world of the ungodly;
than the beginning. 6. And turning the cities of Sodom and 21. For it had been better for them not to Gomorrah into ashes, condemned them with have known the way of righteousness, than, an overthrow, making them an ensample after they have known it, to turn from the unto those that after should live ungodly; holy commandment delivered unto them.
7. And delivered just Lot, vexed with 22. But it is happened unto them accordthe filthy conversation of the wicked: ing to the true proverb, The dog is turned
8. (For that righteous man dwelling to his own vomit again ; and, The sow that among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed | was washed, to her wallowing in the mire.
ot the son, a preacpon come the be
|| as a thief in the night; in the which the 1 The certainly of Christ's coming 10 judgment. 12 An || heavens shall pass away with a great noise, exhortation to godliness.
and the elements shall melt with fervent 1. THIS second epistle, beloved, I now heat, the earth also, and the works that
I write unto you; in both which I stir up | are therein, shall be burnt up. your pure minds by way of remembrance: 11. Seeing then that all these things shall
2. That ye may be mindful of the words be dissolved, what manner of persons oughtye which were spoken before by the holy pro- to be in all holy conversation and godliness, phets, and of the commandment of us the | 12. Looking for and hasting unto the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:
coming of the day of God, wherein the hea3. Knowing this first, that there shall vens, being on fire, shall be dissolved, and come in the last days scoffers, walking af- || the elements shall melt with fervent heat ? ter their own lusts,
13. Nevertheless we, according to his 4. And saying, Where is the promise of promise, look for new heavens and a new his coming ? for since the fathers fell | earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness, asleep, all things continue as they were || 14. Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye from the beginning of the creation. look for such things, be diligent that ye
5. For this they willingly are ignorant may be found of him in peace, without of, that by the word of God the heavens spot, and blameless: were of old, and the earth standing out of 15. And account that the long-suffering the water and in the water:
of our Lord is salvation; even as our belov6. Whereby the world that then was, be- ed brother Paul also, according to the wising overflowed with water, perished: dom given unto him, hath written unto you ;
7. But the heavens and the earth, which || 16. As also in all his epistles, speaking in are now, by the same word are kept in store, themofthese things;in which are some things reserved unto fire against the day of judg hard to be understood,which theythat are unment and perdition of ungodly men. learned and unstable wrest,as they do also the
8. But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one other scriptures, unto their own destruction. thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thou- || 17. Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye sand years,and a thousand years as one day. know these things before, beware lest ye
9. The Lord is not slack concerning his also, being led away with the error of the promise, as some men count slackness; but | wicked, fall from your own steadfastness. is long-suffering to us-ward, not willing that | 18. But grow in grace, and in the knowany should perish, but that all should come ledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. to repentance.
To him be glory, both now and for ever. 10. But the day of the Lord will come li Amen.
The First Epistle general of JOHN.
God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. 1 He declareth what he had seen and known of the Word | 6. If we say that we have fellowship
of life. 5 To have fellowship wilh God he enjoineth || with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, holiness. 1. THAT which was from the begin
and do not the truth: . ning, which we have heard, which || 7. But if we walk in the light, as he is we have seen with our eyes, which we have in the light, we have fellowship one with Jooked upon, and our hands have handled, | another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his of the Word of life;
Son cleanseth us from all sin. 2. (For the life was manifested, and well 8. If we say that we have no sin, we dehave seen it, and bear witness, and shew | cerve ourselves, and the truth is not in us. unto you that eternal life, which was with 9. If we confess our sins, he is faithful the Father, and was manifested unto us :) || and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse
3. That which we have seen and heard || us from all unrighteousness. declare we unto you, that ye also may |
10. If we say that we have not sinned, have fellowship with us: and truly our fel- we make him a liar, and his word is not lowship is with the Father, and with his il in us. Son Jesus Christ.
1 Christ our advocate and propitiation. 4. And these things write we unto you,
3 To know God
aright is to keep his commandments. 18 To beware of that your joy may be full.
seducers. 5. l'his then is the message which we have 1.1TY little children, these things write heard of him, and declare unto you, that ll 1 I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with | whereby we know that it is the last time. the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: 19. They went out from us, but they
2. And he is the propitiation for our sins: were not of us; for if they had been of us, and not for ours only, but also for the sins they would no doubt have continued with of the whole world.
us: but they went out, that they might be 3. And hereby we do know that we made manifest that they were not all of us. know him, if we keep his commandments. 20. But ye have an unction from the
4. He that saith, I know him, and keep-Holy One, and ye know all things. eth not his commandments, is a liar, and 121. I have not written unto you because the truth is not in him.
ye know not the truth, but because ye 5. But whoso keepeth his word, in him know it, and that no lie is of the truth. verily is the love of God perfected: hereby 22. Who is a liar, but he that denieth know we that we are in him.
that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, 6. He that saith he abideth in him, ought that denieth the Father and the Son himself also to walk, even as he walked. 23. Whosoever denieth the Son, the
7. Brethren, I write no new command-same hath not the Father: [but he that ac. ment unto you, but an old commandment, knowledgeth the Son, hath the Father also. which ye had from the beginning. The old || 24. Let that therefore abide in you, commandment is the word which ye have which ye have heard from the beginning. heard from the beginning.
If that which ye have heard from the be 8. Again, a new commandment I write ginning shall remain in you, ve also shall unto you, which thing is true in him and in continue in the Son,and in the Father. you : because the darkness is past, and the 25. And this is the promise that he hath true light now shineth.
promised us, even eternal life. 9. He that saith he is in the light, and hat-| 26. These things have I written unto eth his brother, is in darkness even until now. you concerning them that seduce you.
10. He that loveth his brother abideth 27. But the anointing which ye have re. in the light, and there is none occasion of ceived of him abideth in you, and ye need stumbling in him.
not that any man teach you: but as the 11. But he that hateth his brother, is in same anointing teacheth you of all things, darkness, and walketh in darkness, and and is truth, and is no lic, and even as it knoweth not whither he goeth, because bath taught you, ye shall abide in him. that darkness hath blinded his eyes.
28. And now, little children, abide in 12. I write unto you,little children, because him; that, when he shall appear, we may your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake. have confidence, and not be ashamed be
13. I write unto you, fathers, because fore him at his coming. ye have known him that is from the begin- | 29. If ye know that he is righteous, ye ning. I write unto you, young men, be-know that every one which doeth righteous. cause ye have overcome the wicked one. Jness is born of him. write unto you, little children, because ye
CHAP. III. have known the Father.
| 1 He declareth the singular love of God towc-a u in mak14. I have written unto you, fathers, be
ing us his sons ; 3 we therefore ought obediently to keep cause ye have known him that is from the his commandments, &c. beginning. I have written unto you, young || 1. DEHOLD, what manner of love the men, because ye are strong, and the word D Father hath bestowed upon us, that of God abideth in you, and ye have over- | we should be called the sons of God! therecome the wicked one.
fore the world knoweth us not, because it 15. Love not the world, neither the things | knew him not. that are in the world. If any man love the 2. Beloved, noware we the sons of God,and world, the love of the Father is not in him. it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but
16. For all that is in the world, the lust we know that, when he shall appear, we of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.. the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is 3. And every man that hath this hope in of the world.
him, purifieth himself, even as he is pure. , 17. And the world passeth away, and 14. Whosoever committeth sin, transgressthe lust thereof : but he that doeth the will eth also the law: for sin is the transgression of God abideth for ever.
of the law. 18. Little children, it is the last time: 5. And ye know that he was manifested and as ye have heard that antichrist shall to take away our sins; and in him is no sin. come, even now are there many antichrists; ll 6. Whosoever abideth in him, sinneth
not: whosoever sinneth, hath not seen him, || And hereby we know that he abideth in neither known him.
us, by the Spirit which he hath given us. 7. Little children, let no man deceive
CHAP. IV. vou: he that doeth righteousness, is right. || 1 He warneth them not to believe all teachers who boast of eous, even as he is righteous :
the Spirit, but to try them by the rules of the catholic 3. He that committeth sin, is of the devil ; || faith : 7 and by many reasons exhorteth to brotherly love. for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For || 1. D ELOVED, believe not every spirit, this purpose the Son of God was manifested, D but try the spirits, whether they are that he might destroy the works of the devil. of God: because many false prophets are
9.Whosoeveris born of God, doth not com- gone out into the world. mit sin ; for his seed remaineth in him ; and 2. Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: he cannot sin, because he is born of God. Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ
10. In this the children of God are mais come in the flesh, is of God: nifest, and the children of the devil: who- 3. And every spirit that confesseth not soever doeth not righteousness, is not of that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh, is not God, neither he that loveth not his brother. l of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist,
11. For this is the message that ye heard whereof ye have heard that it should come; from the beginning, that we should love | and even now already is it in the world. one another.
4. Ye are of God, little children, and 12. Not as Cain, who was of that wick- have overcome them: because greater is he ed one, and slew his brother. And where- |that is in you, than he that is in the world. fore slew he him ? Because his own works l 5. They are of the world : therefore were evil, and his brother's righteous. I speak they of the world, and the world
13. Marvel not, my brethren, if the world | heareth them. hate you.
6. We are of God: he that knoweth 14. We know that we have passed from God, heareth us; he that is not of God, · death unto life, because we love the bre- || heareth not us. Hereby know we the spithren. He that loveth not his brother, abid- rit of truth, and the spirit of error. eth in death.
17. Beloved, let us love one another: for 15. Whosoever hateth his brother, is a love is of God; and every one that loveth, murderer: and ye know that no murderer is born of God, and knoweth God.' hath eternal life abiding in him. . 8. He that loveth not, knoweth not God:
16. Hereby perceive we the love of God, for God is love, because he laid down his life for us : and we 9. In this was manifested the love of ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. God toward us, because that God sent his
17. But whoso hath this world's good, only begotten Son into the world, that we and seeth his brother have need, and shut might live through him. teth up his bowels of compassion from him, || 10. Herein is love, not that we loved how dwelleth the love of God in him ? | God, but that he loved us, and sent his
18. My little children, let us not love in Son to be the propitiation for our sins. word, neither in tongue; but in deed, and 11. Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought in truth.
also to love one another. 19. And hereby we know that we are 12. No man hath seen God at any time. of the truth, and shall assure our hearts be- If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, fore him.
and his love is perfected in us. 20. For if our heart condemn us, God is | 13. Hereby know we that we dwell in greater than our heart, and knoweth all him, and he in us, because he hath given things.
| us of his Spirit. 21. Beloved, if our heart condemn us 14. And we have seen, and do testify, í not, then have we confidence toward God. | that the Father sent the Son to be the Sa
22. And whatsoever we ask, we receive Il viour of the world. of him, because we keep his command | 15. Whosoever shall confess that Jesus ments, and do those things that are pleas- | is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, ing in his sight.
and he in God. 23. And this is his commandment, That | 16. And we have known and believed we should believe on the name of his Son | the love that God hath to us. God is love; Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he and he that dwelleth in love, dwelleth in gave us commandment.
God, and God in him. 24. And he that keepeth his command- | 17. Herein is our love made perfect, that nents, dwelleth in him, and he in him. Il we may have boldness in the day of judg
ment: because as ne is, so are we in this 9. If we receive the witness of men, the world.
witness of God is greater: for this is the wit. 18. There is no fear in love; but perfect loveness of God which he hath testified of his Son. casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. 10. He that believeth on the Son of God He that feareth,is not made perfect in love. hath the witness in himself: he that believe
19. We love him, because he first loved us. I eth not God hath made him a liar; because
20. If a man say, I love God, and hateth | he believeth not the record that God gave his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth of his Son. not his brother whom he hath seen, how 11. And this is the record, that God hath can he love God whom he hath not seen ? | given to us eternal life; and this life is in
21. And this commandment have we his Son. from him, That he who loveth God, love 12. He that hath the Son hath life; and his brother also.
he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. CHAP. V.
13. These things have I written unto I He that loveth God loveth his children, and keepeth his | you that believe on the name of the Son commandments. 4 True failh will overcome the world.
of God; that ye may know that ye have 11 Believers have eternal life through Christ: 18 they are distinguished from the world by abstaining from
eternal life, and that ye may believe on the sin, and by a righe knowledge of God.
name of the Son of God. 1. W HOSOEVER believeth that Je- || 14. And this is the confidence that we
VV sus is the Christ, is born of God: | have in him, that, if we ask any thing acand every one that loveth him that begat,cording to his will, he heareth us: loveth him also that is begotten of him. 15. And if we know that he hear us,
2. By this we know that we love the whatsoever we ask, we know that we have children of God, when we love God, and the petitions that we desired of him. keep his commandments.
16. If any man see his brother sin a sin 3. For this is the love of God, that we which is not unto death, he shall ask, and keep his commandments; and his com- he shall give him life for them that sin not mandments are not grievous.
unto death. There is a sin unto death:1 4. For whatsoever is born of God, over do not say that he shall pray for it. cometh the world : and this is the victory 17. All unrighteousness is sin: and there that overcometh the world, even our faith. || is a sin not unto death.
5. Who is he that overcometh the world, 18. We know that whosoever is born of but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son God, sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God ?
of God, keepeth himself, and that wicked 6.This is he that came by waterand blood, || one toucheth him not. even Jesus Christ ; not by water only, but by 19. And we know that we are of God, water and blood. And it is the Spirit that and the whole world lieth in wickedness. beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth. 20. And we know that the Son of God is
7. For there are three that bear record come, and hath given us an understanding, in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the that we may know him that is true; and we Holy Ghost: and these three are one. are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus
8. And there are three that bear witness Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. in earth, the spirit, and the water, and the | 21. Little children, keep yourselves from blood : and these three agree in one. | idols. Amen.
1 The Second Epistle of JOHN. I He testifieth his regard for a certain pious matron and | 4. I rejoiced.greatly, that I found of thy her children: 5 he exhorteth them to persevere in Chris- ||
:|| children walking in truth, as we have retian love and belief, that they lose not their full reward; || 10 and to have nothing to do with seducers.
ceived a commandment from the Father. 1. T HE elder unto the elect lady, and 5. And now I beseech thee, lady, not as
I her children, whom I love in the though I wrote a new commandment unto truth; and not I only, but also all they that | thee, but that which we had from the behave known the truth;
ginning, that we love one another. 2. For the truth's sake which dwelleth 6. And this is love, that we walk after in us, and shall be with us for ever. his commandments. This is the command
3. Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, || ment, that, as ye have heard from the befrom God the Father, and from the Lord || ginning, ye should walk in it. Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in | 7. For many deceivers are entered into truth and love.
| the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ