Google Play の書籍
LONGMAN, BROWN, GREEN, AND LONGMANS, LONDON ;
AND ADAM AND CHARLES BLACK,
CONTENTS OF No. 199.
Art. I. – Geschichte des Oestreichischen Hofs und Adels, und
der Oestreichischen Diplomatie. (History of the
Austrian Court, Nobility, and Diplomacy.) By Dr.
Edward Vehse (forming part of a series of Histories
of the German Courts since the Reformation). Ten
Parts. Hamburg : 1852,
II. – 1. Cases illustrative of Oriental Life and the Appli-
cation of English Law to India, decided in the Su-
preme Court at Bombay. By Sir Erskine Perry,
late Chief Justice. London : 1853.
2. On the Geographical Distribution of the principal
Languages of India, and the Feasibility of introdu-
cing English as a Lingua Franca. By the Hon.
Sir Erskine Perry, President. (From the Journal of
the Bombay Branch of the Royal Asiatic Society,
III. — The Colonial Policy of Lord John Russell's Admi-
nistration. By Earl Grey. 2 vols. 8vo. London:
IV.- China during the War and since the Peace. By Sir
John Francis Davis, Bart. 2 vols. 8vo. 1852,
V.- Lives and Letters of the Devereux Earls of Essex in
the Reigns of Elizabeth, James I., and Charles I.:
1540—1646. By the Honourable Walter Bourchier
Devereux, R. N. 2 vols. 8vo. London : 1853,
VI. - 1. Fifteenth Annual Report of the Board of Educa-
tion ; together with the Fifteenth Annual Report of
the Secretary of the Board. Boston, Massachusetts :
2. Revised Statutes of Massachusetts. 1837.
3. Report of the Cambridge School Committee. 1852.
4. Report on the Organisation of the Primary and
Grammar School Committee. Boston: 1852.
5. Annual Report of the Superintendant of Common
Schools of the State of New York. 1851.
6. Report of Committee of the Board of Education on
the System of Popular Education in the City of New
York, May 28. 1851.
93 ST 89
7. Annual Report of the Regents of the University of
the State of New York. 1851.
8. Seventeenth Annual Report of Superintendant of
Common Schools of Pennsylvania for year ending
9. Thirty-third Annual Report of the Controllers of
Public Schools of the City and County of Phila-
10. Biennial Report of the Superintendant of Public
Instruction for the State of Iowa, printed for the
Use of the General Assembly. 1850.
11. Report on the Public Libraries of the United
States of America, January 1. 1850. By Charles C.
Jewett, Librarian of the Smithsonian Institute.
12. The Educational Institutions of the United States;
their Character and Organisation. Translated from
the Swedish of P. A. Sibjeström, M. A., by Frederica
Rowan. In 1 vol. 12mo. London: 1853, .
VII.-1. Thirty-second Annual Report of the Manchester
Chamber of Commerce. Manchester: 1853.
2. Report of the Central Board of Health of Jamaica.
Printed for the Honourable House of Assembly.
Spanish Town : 1852.
3. Report by Dr. Sutherland to the General Board of
Health on Cases of Fever on board the Steamers
· La Plata' and ' Medway. December, 1852.
4. The Fever at Boa Vista in 1845–46, unconnected
with the Visit of the Eclair' to that Island. By
Gilbert King, M. D. R. N., Inspector of Hospitals
and Fleets. London : 1852.
5. Some Account of the last Yellow Fever Epidemic
of British Guiana. By Daniel Blair, M.D., Surgeon-
General of British Guiana. Edited by John Davy,
M.D., F.R.S., London and Edinburgh, Inspector-
General of Army Hospitals. London : 1850.
6. General Board of Health - Second Report on Qua-
rantine. Yellow Fever. London : 1852.
7. Report on the present Mode of conveying Small
Pox and other Fever Patients to the Hospitals in
Public Vehicles. By R. D. Grainger, Esq. Lon-
don : 1852,
VIII. - The Private Journal of F. S. Larpent, Esq., Judge-
Advocate of the British Forces in the Peninsula.
IX.- Enquête Parlementaire sur la Situation et l'Organisa-
tion des Services de la Marine Militaire ordonnée
par la Loi du 31 Octobre, 1849. Paris : Imprimerie
Nationale. Two vols. 4to. 1852. [Not published], 240
CONTENTS OF No. 200.
Arr. I.-1. The Divine Rule of Faith and Practice. By W.
Goode, M. A. 2d edition. London: 1853.
2. Discourses on the Controversies of the Day. By
W. F. Hook, D.D. London: 1853.
3. Means of Unity. A Charge by Archdeacon Hare.
London : 1847,
II. – 1. A Chronological History of Voyages and Discoveries
into the Arctic Regions before 1818. By Sir John
2. Arctic Voyages of Discovery since 1818. By Sir
3. Parliamentary Papers on the Arctic Regions from
1848 to 1852,
III. - The Greek and the Turk; or Powers and Prospects
in the Levant. By Eyre Evans Crowe. London:
1853. 1 vol. 8vo,
IV.-1. The Estimates of the Army, Ordnance, and Naval
Services, from 1st of April, 1853, to 31st March,
2. The Peril of Portsmouth. French Fleets and En-
glish Forts. By James Fergusson, Esq. London:
3. A Flying Shot at Fergusson, and his Peril of Ports-
mouth. By Lieutenant-Colonel Jebb, C.B. Royal
Engineers, London : 1853.
4. Copies of a Correspondence between the Board of
Treasury and the Board of Admiralty on the Sub-
ject of Manning the Royal Navy; together with
Copies of a Report of a Committee of Naval Officers,
and of Her Majesty's Order in Council relating
thereto. Presented to both Houses of Parliament
by Command of Her Majesty,
V.- History of Greece. By George Grote, Esq. Vols. ix.
x. xi. London: 1852-53,
VI.- An Essay on the Principles and Construction of Mili-
tary Bridges and the Passages of Rivers in Military