« 前へ次へ »
24. But for us also, to whom it shall be || Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many. imputed, if we believe on him that raised 16. And not as it was by one that sinned, up Jesus our Lord from the dead;
so is the gift: for the judgment was by one 25. Who was delivered for our offences, to condemnation, but the free gift is of and was raised again for our justification. many offences unto justification. CHAP. V.
17. For if by one man's offence death 1 Being justified by faith, we have peace with God. 12 reigned by one ; much more they which re
sin and death came by Adam, 17 righteousness and life ceive abundance of grace, and of the gist of by Jesus Christ.
righteousness, shall reign in life by one, 1. WHEREFORE, being justified by Jesus Christ :)
faith, we have peace with God, 18. Therefore, as by the offence of one through our Lord Jesus Christ :
judgment came upon all men to condemna2. By whom also we have access by tion; even so by the righteousness of one the faith into this grace wherein we stand, and free gift came upon all men unto justificarejoice hope glory
tion of life.
tribulations also: knowing that tribulation many were made sinners, so by the obediworketh patience;
ence of one shall many be made righteous. 4. And patience, experience; and expe
20. Moreover, the law entered, that the rience, hope:
offence might abound. But where sin 5. And hope maketh not ashamed; be abounded, grace did much more abound: cause the love of God is shed abroad in our 21. That as sin hath reigned unto death, hearts by the Holy Ghost, which is given even so might grace reign, through righteunto us.
ousness, unto eternal life, by Jesus Christ 6. For when we were yet without our Lord. strength, in due time Christ died for the
CHAP. VI. ungodly.
1 We must not live in sin, 2 for we are dead unlo it; 1? 7. For scarcely for a righteous man will nor lel sin reign in us. 21 The end and wages of sin one die: yet peradventure for a good man
is death, fc. some would even dare to die.
1. VHAT shall we say then? Shall 8. But God commendeth his love toward
we continue in sin, that grace us, in that, while we were yet sinners, may
abound? Christ died for us.
2. God forbid. How shall we, that are 9. Much more then, being now justified dead to sin, live any longer therein ? by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath 3. Know ye not, that so many of us as through him.
were baptized into Jesus Christ, were bap10. For if, when we were enemies, we | tized into his death ? were reconciled to God by the death of his 4. Therefore we are buried with him by Son, much more, being reconciled, we || baptism into death: that like as Christ was shall be saved by his life.
raised up from the dead by the glory of the 11. And not only so, but we also joy in Father, even so we also should walk in God, through our Lord Jesus Christ, by newness of life. whom we have now received the atone- 5. For if we have been planted together ment.
in the likeness of his death, we shall be 12. Wherefore, as by one man sin enter- also in the likeness of his resurrection: ed into the world, and death by sin ; and so 6. Knowing this, that our old man is crudeath passed upon all men, for that all have cified with him, that the body of sin might sinned:
be destroyed, that henceforth we should 13. (For until the law, sin was in the | not serve sin. world: but sin is not imputed when there is 7. For he that is dead is freed from sin.
8. Now if we be dead with Christ, we' 14. Nevertheless, death reigned from believe that we shall also live with him: Adam to Moses, even over them that had 9. Knowing that Christ, being raised not sinned after the similitude of Adam's || from the dead, dieth no more; death hath transgression, who is the figure of him that no more dominion over him. was to come.
10. For in that he died, he died unto sin 15. But not as the offence, so also is the once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God. free gift. For if through the offence of one 11. Likewise reckon ye also yourselves many be dead; much more the grace of God, to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto and the gift by grace, which is by one man, God through Jesus Christ our Lorda
12. Let not sin therefore reign in your || that ye should be married to another, even mortal body, that ye should obey it in the to him who is raised from the dead, that lusts thereof.
we should bring forth fruit unto God. 13. Neither yield ye your members as in- 5. For when we were in the flesh, the struments of unrighteousness unto sin: but motions of sins, which were by the law, yield yourselves unto God, as those that did work in our members, to bring forth are alive from the dead, and your members fruit unto death. as instruments of righteousness unto God. 6. But now we are delivered from the
14. For sin shall not have dominion over || law, that being dead wherein we were held ; you: for ye are not under the law, but un- that we should serve in newness of spirit,
and not in the oldness of the letter. 15. What then? Shall we sin, because
7. What shall we say then? Is the law we are not under the law, but under grace ? | sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known God forbid.
sin, but by the law: for I had not known 16. Know ye not, that to whom ye yield || lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye not covet. are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto 8. But sin, taking occasion by the comdeath, or of obedience unto righteousness? | mandment, wrought in me all manner of
17. But God be thanked, that ye were concupiscence. For without the law, sin the servants of sin: but ye have obeyed | was dead. from the heart that form of doctrine which 9. For I was alive without the law once: was delivered you.
but when the commandment came, sin re18. Being then made free from sin, ye vived, and I died. became the servants of righteousness.
10. And the commandment, which was 19. I speak after the manner of men, ordained to life, I found to be unto death. because of the infirmity of your flesh: For 11. For sin, taking occasion by the comas ye have yielded your members servantsmandment, deceived me, and by it slew me. to uncleanness and to iniquity, unto ini- 12. Wherefore the law is holy; and the quity; even so now yield your members commandment holy, and just, and good. servants to righteousness, unto holiness. 13. Was then that which is good made
20. For when ye were the servants of death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that sin, ye were free from righteousness. it might appear sin, working death in me by
21. What fruit had ye then in those that which is good ; that sin by the comthings whereof ye are now ashamed ? For mandment might become exceeding sinsul. the end of those things is death.
14. For we know that the law is spirit22. But now being made free from sin, and ual: but I am carnal, sold under sin. become servants to God, ye have your fruit 15. For that which I do, I allow not : unto holiness; and the end, everlasting life. for what I would, that do I not; but what
23. For the wages of sin is death; but I hate, that do I. the gift of God is eternal life, through Jesus 16. If then I do that which I would not, Christ our Lord.
I consent unto the law that it is good. CHAP. VII.
17. Now then it is no more I that do it, 1 No luw hath power over a man longer than he liveth. || but sin that dwelleth in me.
7 The law is not sin, 12 but holy, just, and good. 19. For I know that in me (that is, in 1. KNOW ye not, brethren, (for I speak my flesh) dwelleth no good thing: for to
to them that know the law,) how will is present with me; but how to perform that the law hath dominion over a man as that which is good I find not. long as he liveth?
19. For the good that I would, I do not : 2. For the woman which hath a husband but the evil which I would not, that I do. is bound by the law to her husband, so long 20. Now if I do that I would not, it is no as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, | more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in she is loosed from the law of her husband.me.
3. So then, if, while her husband liveth, 21. I find then a law, that, when 1 she be married to another man, she shall be would do good, evil is present with me. called an adulteress: but is her husband be 22. For 1 delight in the law of God afdead, she is free from that law; so that she il ter the inward man: is no adulteress, though she be married to 23. But 1 see another law in my memanother man.
bers, warring against the law of my mind, 4. Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are be- || and bringing me into captivity to the law come dead to the law by the body of Christ;ll of sin which is in my members.
24. O wretched man that I am! who God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be shall deliver me from the body of this death? | that we suffer with him, that we may be
25. I thank God, through Jesus Christ also glorified together. our Lord. So then with the mind I myself 18. For I reckon that the sufferings of serve the law of God, but with the flesh this present time are not worthy to be comthe law of sin.
pared with the glory which shall be reveal. CHAP. VIII. .
ed in us. 1 Who are free from condemnation. 5, 13 What harm
19. For the earnest expectation of the cometh of the flesh, 6, 14 and what good of the Spirit
, 17 creature waiteth for the manifestation of and what of being God's children.31 Thechristian's hope. | the sons of God. 1. THERE is, therefore, now no con- 20. For the creature was made subject
demnation to them which are in to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, him who hath subjected the same in hope; but after the Spirit.
21. Because the creature itself also shall 2. For the law of the Spirit of life in be delivered from the bondage of corruption Christ Jesus hath made me free from the into the glorious liberty of the children of law of sin and death.
God. 3. For what the law could not do, in that 22. For we know that the whole creait was weak through the flesh, God sending tion groaneth and travaileth in pain togehis own Son in the likeness of sinsul flesh, || ther until now. and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh : 23. And not only they, but ourselves also,
4. That the righteousness of the law which have the first-fruits of the Spirit, even might be fulfilled in us, who walk not af- || we ourselves groan within ourselves, waitter the flesh, but after the Spirit.
ing for the adoption, to wit, the redemption 5. For they that are after the flesh, do of our body. mind the things of the flesh; but they that 24. For we are saved by hope: but hope are after the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. that is seen, is not hope: for what a man
6. For to be carnally minded is death; but seeth, why doth he yet hope for? to be spiritually minded is life and peace: 25. But if we hope for that we see not,
7. Because the carnal mind is enmity then do we with patience wait for it. against God : for it is not subject to the law 26. Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our of God, neither indeed can be.
infirmities: for we know not what we 8. So then they that are in the flesh can should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit not please God.
itself maketh intercession for us with groan9. But ye are not in the flesh, but in the ings which cannot be uttered. Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell 27. And he that searcheth the hearts in you. Now if any man have not the knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
because he maketh intercession for the 10. And if Christ be in you, the body is saints, according to the will of God. dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life 28. And we know that all things work tobecause of righteousness.
gether for good to them that love God, to 11. But if the Spirit of him, that raised up them who are the called according to his Jesus from the dead, dwell in you, he that purpose. raised up Christ from the dead shall also 29. For whom he did foreknow, he also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit did predestinate to be conformed to the that dwelleth in you.
image of his Son, that he might be the first12. Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, born among many brethren. not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. 30. Moreover, whom he did predesti
. 13. For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall nate, them he also called: and whom he die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify || called, them he also justified: and whom the deeds of the body, ye shall live. he justified, them he also glorified.
14. For as many as are led by the spirit 31. What shall we then say to these things? of God, they are the sons of God.
If God be for us, who can be against us 15. For ye have not received the Spirit 32. He that spared not his own Son, but of bondage again to fear; but ye have re- delivered him up for us all, how shall be ceived the Spirit of adoption, whereby we not with him also freely give us all things ? cry, Abba, Father.
33. Who shall lay any thing to the charge 16. The Spirit itself beareth witness with of God's elect? It is God that justifieth. our spirit, that we are the children of God: 34. Who is he that condemneth? It is
17. And if children, then heirs ; heirs of Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen
again, who is even at the right hand of 13. As it is written, Jacob have I loved, God, who also maketh intercession for us. but Esau have I hated.
35. Who shall separate us from the love 14. What shall we say then ? Is there of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or unrighteousness with God? God forbid. persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or 15. For he saith to Moses, I will have peril, or sword ?
mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I 36. As it is written, For thy sake we will have compassion on whom I will have are killed all the day long; we are account-compassion. ed as sheep for the slaughter.
16. So then it is not of him that willeth, 37. Nay, in all these things we are more nor of him that runneth, but of God that than conquerors, through him that loved us. sheweth mercy.
38. For I am persuaded, that neither 17. For the scripture saith unto Phadeath, nor life, nor angels, nor principali-raoh, Even for this same purpose have 1 ties, nor powers, nor things present, nor || raised thee up, that I might shew my power things to come,
in thee, and that my name might be de39. Nor height, nor depth, nor any other clared throughout all the earth. creature, shall be able to separate us from 18. Therefore hath he mercy on whom the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus || he will have mercy, and whom he will he our Lord.
hardeneth. CHAP. IX.
19. Thou wilt say then unto me, Why i Pauls sorrow for the Jews. 7 AU Abraham's seed were
doth he yet find fault ? For who hath renot the children of the promise. 25 The calling of the sisted his will ? Gentiles, and rejection of the Jews forelold.
20. Nay but, О man, who art thou that SAY the truth in Christ, I lie not, repliest against God? Shall the thing form
my conscience also bearing me wit-|| ed say to him that formed it, Why hast ness in the Holy Ghost,
thou made me thus? 2. That I have great heaviness and con- 21. Hath not the potter power over the tinual sorrow in my heart.
clay, of the same lump to make one vessel 3. For I could wish that myself were unto honour, and another unto dishonour ? accursed from Christ for my brethren, my 22. What if God, willing to shew his kinsmen according to the flesh:
wrath, and to make his power known, en4. Who are Israelites; to whom pertain- dured with much long-suffering the vessels eth the adoption, and the glory, and the co- of wrath fitted to destruction: venants, and the giving of the law, and the
23. And that he might make known the service of God, and the promises ;
riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, 5. Whose are the fathers, and of whom, which he had afore prepared unto glory, as concerning, the flesh, Christ came, who 24. Even us, whom he hath called, not is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen. of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?
6. Not as though the word of God hath 25. As he saith also in Osee, I will call taken none effect. For they are not all them my people, which were not my people; Israel, which are of Israel :
and her beloved, which was not beloved. 7. Neither, because they are the seed of 26. And it shall come to pass, that in the Abraham, are they all children: but, In place where it was said unto them, Ye are Isaac shall thy seed be called.
not my people; there shall they be called 8. That is, They which are the children | the children of the living God. of the flesh, these are not the children of 27. Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, God: but the children of the promise are Though the number of the children of Iscounted for the seed.
rael be as the sand of the sea, a remnant 9. For this is the word of promise, At this shall be saved : time will I come, and Sarah shall have a son. 28. For he will finish the work, and cut
10. And not only this; but when Re- | it short in righteousness: because a short becca also had conceived by one, even by work will the Lord make upon the earth. our father Isaac;
29. And as Esaias said before, Except 11. (For the children being not yet born,|| the Lord of Sabaoth had left us a seed, we neither having done any good or evil, that had been as Sodoma, and been made like the purpose of God, according to election, unto Gomorrha. might stand, not of works, but of him that 30. What shall we say then ? That the calleth ;)
Gentiles, which followed not after righte12. It was said unto her, The elder shall | ousness, have attained to righteousness, serve the younger :
even the righteousness which is of faith.
31. But Israel, which followed after the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of law of righteousness, hath not attained to good things! the law of righteousness.
16. But they have not all obeyed the gos32. Wherefore? Because they sought it pel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath benot by faith, but as it were by the works of lieved our report? the law: For they stumbled at that stum- 17. So then faith cometh by hearing, and bling-stone;
hearing by the word of God. 33. As it is written, Behold, I lay in 18. But I say, Have they not heard? Yes, Sion a stumbling-stone and rock of offence: verily, their sound went into all the earth, and whosoever believeth on him shall not and their words unto the ends of the world. be ashamed.
19. But I say, Did not Israel know? CHAP. X.
First Moses saith, I will provoke you to 1 Paul's prayer for Israel, who are misled by blind seal. jealousy by them that are no people, and
11 Salvation open to all that believe, fc. by a foolish nation I will anger you. 1. RETHREN, my heart's desire and 20. But Esaias is very bold, and saith, 1
prayer to God for Israel is, that was found of them that sought me not; I they might be saved.
was made manifest unto them that asked 1 2. For I bear them record,that they have a not after me. zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. 21. But to Israel he saith, All day long
3. For they, being ignorant of God's right. I have stretched forth my hands unto a eousness, and going about to establish their disobedient and gainsaying people. own righteousness, have not submitted
CHAP. XI. themselves unto the righteousness of God.
1 A remnant of Israel saved by grace: 7 the blindness of 4. For Christ is the end of the law for the rest prophesied of. 17 The Gentiles may not boast righteousness to every one that believeth. against them.
5. For Moses describeth the righteous-1. SAY then, Hath God cast away his ness which is of the law, That the man people? God forbid. For I also am which doeth those things shall live by them. an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of
6. But the righteousness which is of faith the tribe of Benjamin. speaketh on this wise, Say not in thy heart, 2. God hath not cast away his people Who shall ascend into heaven ? (that is, to which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the bring Christ down from above :)
scripture saith of Elias? How he maketh 7. Or, Who shall descend into the deep ? | intercession to God against Israel, saying, (that is, to bring up Christ again from the 3. Lord, they have killed thy prophets
and digged down thine altars; and I am 8. But what saith it? The word is nigh left alone, and they seek my life. thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: 4. But what saith the answer of God that is, the word of faith, which we preach; unto him ? I have reserved to myself seven
9. That is thou shalt confess with thy thousand men, who have not bowed the mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in knee to the image of Baal. thy heart that God hath raised him from 5. Even so then at this present time also the dead, thou shalt be saved.
there is a remnant according to the elec10. For with the heart man believeth tion of grace. unto righteousness; and with the mouth 6. And if by grace, then is it no more confession is made unto salvation.
of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. 11. For the scripture sajth, Whosoever | But if it be of works, then is it no more believeth on him shall not be ashamed. grace: otherwise work is no more work.
12. For there is no difference between 7. What then? Israel hath not obtained the Jew and the Greek : for the same Lord that which he seeketh for; but the election over all is rich unto all that call upon him. hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded,
13. For whosoever shall call upon the 8. (According as it is written, God hath name of the Lord shall be saved.
given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that 14. How then shall they call on him in they should not see, and ears that they whom they have not believed ? And how should not hear;) unto this day. shall they believe in him of whom they 9. And David saith, Let their table be have not heard ? And how shall they hear made a snare, and a trap, and a stumbling. without a preacher ?
block, and a recompense unto them: 15. And how shall they preach, except 10. Let their eyes be darkened, that they they be sent ? As it is written, How beau- may not see, and bow down their back tiful are the feet of them that preach the l always.